I was watching videos on youtube for a while and charging my phone at the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

redbull816 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3037A1A7

charging issue

Advertisement

I was watching videos on youtube for a while and charging my phone at the same time. I closed the browser to check my battery level and it wasn't charging anymore and I couldn't get it to start again so I took the battery out and put it back in. While it was out I noticed that my phone was very hot. My question is did it stop charging automatically to prevent damage or is there something wrong with the phone?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think the phone should be hot while charging - it may be an issue to look into. Phones sometimes heat up when talking for a while (I think) but I've never noticed mine heating up while charging - of course I don't hold them while they're charging. Other opinions?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    charging will produce heat and constant radio usage will produce even more heat, so adding that together is probably what you are getting. IMO that isnt a good thing.
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

redbull816 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3037A1A7
    ok so does anyone know the answer to the question? i already know why the phone was hot. i want to know why it stopped charging. is it a "feature" or a malfunction?

Mitch R. no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31B8E46E
    I noticed my 8330 get warmer than my previous models during charge while resting. Its worse when I have the silicon case wrapped around it, so I leave that off during charge. I wouldn't say its hot, but I could see it getting hot if it were charging and one was watching youtube videos as these are processor intensive.