Greetings! Right now I have a Curve (8300) that originally came from Cingular/AT&T that was ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NemoNada no está en línea Stack level 1

Changing vendor ID

Advertisement

Greetings!

Right now I have a Curve (8300) that originally came from Cingular/AT&T that was unlocked when I got it.

I live on Guam and we don't have Cingular, T-Mobile, etc here but w/our local provider's SIM the 8300 works fine except for Enterprise Activation through our corporate BES. Fails every time. Local provider says it's a problem w/Cingular software on the BB and they'll have to get w/RIM to resolve. Claim they had a similar problem w/the Pearl when the 1st got them.

I know EA works through provider and corporate office, was using 8700g w/o probems.

One thing I noticed is that the 8300 has vendor ID of 102 and our 8700's have ID of 179. I updated the 8300 using the Optus update and Cizake's zip file for PTT & themes. Update installed fine & works but vendor id is still 102.

Is that why EA is not working 'cause our local provider is vendor id 179? And if so, how do I change the vendor id?

Thanks for your help!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Changing vendor ID

Vendor ID can't be changed, it is implemented in the device hardware, and I don't think the problem comes from the vendor ID maybe just since your provider doesn't support the 8300 yet, it can't be incorporated until they have agreement with RIM over that model
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

NemoNada no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Changing vendor ID

Thanks for the response, good to know.

I think the problem must have been something on the provider's side. They asked to borrow the 8300 to check it out and activated it on their BES w/o trouble and gave it back to me saying "nothing wrong on our end, must be at your corporate BES".

So I tried one more time w/our BES and it went through w/o a hitch. I really don't believe our provider didn't do anything to either the phone or their system. Just wish I knew what they might have done to "fix" the problem that they don't want to admit.

Any ideas?

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Re: Changing vendor ID

If I could do this I would be enjoying all services
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services