Results 1 to 9 of 9

i just bought an att 8300 but i found a gold housing on ebay that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    lbsevydiva's Avatar
    lbsevydiva no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17

    Changing The Housing on The 8300

    Advertisement



    i just bought an att 8300 but i found a gold housing on ebay that i like much more....

    how hard is it to change the housing?

    do i just take the back door off, pop out the bottom where the logo is, and unscrew the screws using the special tool..... does the front just "pop" off or do i have to do other work?

    i changed the housing on a Motorola Rokr before and i ruined the phone i had to take the screen off and do other stuff, is the blackberry 8300 like that or just a couple of simple screws and thats about it?

    please let me know

    Thank You
    Last edited by lbsevydiva; 10-16-2007 at 01:12 PM.

  2. #2
    blackninja's Avatar
    blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Changing The Housing on The 8300

    It's more than just a few simple screws since you have to remove/reattach speaker, etc. Personally, I wouldn't do this if this is your main phone, but would start with a dummy unit or buy a damaged unit online to play with, but here's an instructional video:

    Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart provided by pdaparts.

    Good luck

  3. #3
    dasupaman23's Avatar
    dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,362

    Re: Changing The Housing on The 8300

    Nice find! I am going to use that to change the housing on my 8300. Wish cnn.cn would release a full 8310 crimson housing already .

  4. #4
    8800bruin's Avatar
    8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    109

    Re: Changing The Housing on The 8300

    Does anyone know where I can get just the piece that covers the mic (the part with the at&t logo on it). I busted mine and took a nice chunk out of it!

    I checked cnn.cn and it isn't up on their site yet. Thanks.

  5. #5
    lbsevydiva's Avatar
    lbsevydiva no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Changing The Housing on The 8300

    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    It's more than just a few simple screws since you have to remove/reattach speaker, etc. Personally, I wouldn't do this if this is your main phone, but would start with a dummy unit or buy a damaged unit online to play with, but here's an instructional video:

    Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart provided by pdaparts.

    Good luck
    that acutally looks easy.....
    one more question.... my brother has a 8300 as well can he buy this http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8300-c...ns-p-1777.html? his screen is really scratched up... is it easy to "pop" the one off adn replace it without damaging the housing?
    once again thank you!

  6. #6
    blackninja's Avatar
    blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Changing The Housing on The 8300

    Quote Originally Posted by lbsevydiva
    that acutally looks easy.....
    one more question.... my brother has a 8300 as well can he buy this http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8300-c...ns-p-1777.html? his screen is really scratched up... is it easy to "pop" the one off adn replace it without damaging the housing?
    once again thank you!
    you're watching a site professional perform it (and even then some stumbling was recorded). there are quite a few parts that can be bent/broken if not properly taken on and off. i've known quite a few pearl owners who attempted dust removal and ended up with loose fitting parts.

    I don't know anyone who has attempted an LCD lense change with the 83xx series, so I can't really comment on the difficulty of removing it without causing damage to the face plate. It wasn't too difficult on the 8700 series, but that was a much different(and sturdier) series. goodluck!

  7. #7
    zootzoot's Avatar
    zootzoot no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    21C2B0BD
    Posts
    29

    Re: Changing The Housing on The 8300

    Quote Originally Posted by 8800bruin View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get just the piece that covers the mic (the part with the at&t logo on it). I busted mine and took a nice chunk out of it!

    I checked cnn.cn and it isn't up on their site yet. Thanks.

    I want to buy a gold housing off ebay... but need the logo part in gold as the housing doesn't come with one.... any ideas where i can get one from...

    Thanks
    Same sh*t different day!
    BOLD 9700

  8. #8
    Hack173's Avatar
    Hack173 no está en línea banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Posts
    2,694

    Re: Changing The Housing on The 8300

    Everyone is try to look for that little piece buy no one can seem to find it. If you do please post where you found it. Thanks.

    ~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

  9. #9
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679

    Re: Changing The Housing on The 8300

    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    It's more than just a few simple screws since you have to remove/reattach speaker, etc.
    I work at a cell phone repair shop, and I've taken apart a few different BBs before (including Pearls and Curves) and I don't remember taking off the speaker. I'm pretty sure it's attatched to the phone itself and not the housing.

    The Curve housing was not the hardest phone ever to take apart. The only "tricky" part, I think, is the bottom "logo" piece. Everything else is pretty straightforward, as long as you take your time and are very careful.

    Goodluck!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •