i just bought an att 8300 but i found a gold housing on ebay that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lbsevydiva no está en línea Stack level 1

Changing The Housing on The 8300

Advertisement

i just bought an att 8300 but i found a gold housing on ebay that i like much more....

how hard is it to change the housing?

do i just take the back door off, pop out the bottom where the logo is, and unscrew the screws using the special tool..... does the front just "pop" off or do i have to do other work?

i changed the housing on a Motorola Rokr before and i ruined the phone i had to take the screen off and do other stuff, is the blackberry 8300 like that or just a couple of simple screws and thats about it?

please let me know

Thank You
    Last edited by lbsevydiva; 10-16-2007 at 01:12 PM.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Changing The Housing on The 8300

It's more than just a few simple screws since you have to remove/reattach speaker, etc. Personally, I wouldn't do this if this is your main phone, but would start with a dummy unit or buy a damaged unit online to play with, but here's an instructional video:

Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart provided by pdaparts.

Good luck

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Nice find! I am going to use that to change the housing on my 8300. Wish cnn.cn would release a full 8310 crimson housing already .

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Does anyone know where I can get just the piece that covers the mic (the part with the at&t logo on it). I busted mine and took a nice chunk out of it!

I checked cnn.cn and it isn't up on their site yet. Thanks.

lbsevydiva no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    It's more than just a few simple screws since you have to remove/reattach speaker, etc. Personally, I wouldn't do this if this is your main phone, but would start with a dummy unit or buy a damaged unit online to play with, but here's an instructional video:

Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart provided by pdaparts.

Good luck
    that acutally looks easy.....
    one more question.... my brother has a 8300 as well can he buy this http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8300-c...ns-p-1777.html? his screen is really scratched up... is it easy to "pop" the one off adn replace it without damaging the housing?
    once again thank you!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by lbsevydiva
    that acutally looks easy.....
    one more question.... my brother has a 8300 as well can he buy this http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8300-c...ns-p-1777.html? his screen is really scratched up... is it easy to "pop" the one off adn replace it without damaging the housing?
    once again thank you!
    you're watching a site professional perform it (and even then some stumbling was recorded). there are quite a few parts that can be bent/broken if not properly taken on and off. i've known quite a few pearl owners who attempted dust removal and ended up with loose fitting parts.

I don't know anyone who has attempted an LCD lense change with the 83xx series, so I can't really comment on the difficulty of removing it without causing damage to the face plate. It wasn't too difficult on the 8700 series, but that was a much different(and sturdier) series. goodluck!

zootzoot no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21C2B0BD

Quote Originally Posted by 8800bruin View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get just the piece that covers the mic (the part with the at&t logo on it). I busted mine and took a nice chunk out of it!

I checked cnn.cn and it isn't up on their site yet. Thanks.

I want to buy a gold housing off ebay... but need the logo part in gold as the housing doesn't come with one.... any ideas where i can get one from...

Thanks
    Same sh*t different day!
    BOLD 9700

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Everyone is try to look for that little piece buy no one can seem to find it. If you do please post where you found it. Thanks.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    It's more than just a few simple screws since you have to remove/reattach speaker, etc.
    I work at a cell phone repair shop, and I've taken apart a few different BBs before (including Pearls and Curves) and I don't remember taking off the speaker. I'm pretty sure it's attatched to the phone itself and not the housing.

The Curve housing was not the hardest phone ever to take apart. The only "tricky" part, I think, is the bottom "logo" piece. Everything else is pretty straightforward, as long as you take your time and are very careful.

Goodluck!