Hi, I want to password protect my 8300, and there seems to be a problem. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dpfels no está en línea Stack level 2

Changing password on 8300

Advertisement

Hi,
    I want to password protect my 8300, and there seems to be a problem. I went to Options>Security Options>general settings and checked the menu for the change password command, as indicated in the help file. The problem is, there is no menu item for setting or changing the password. I can enable the password protection, but I don't want to do that without having a password first.
    Is it the same password that I used to setup my email? Is there another way to enter a password?
    Thanks,
    Dan

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Changing password on 8300

Select Options, then Security.
    Open General Settings
    Next to "Password", highlight the word Disable and click the trackwheel.
    Select Change Option, then Enable.
    Press escape, enter save, it will prompt for a new password

Note: The password must be 4 to 14 characters in length. You must not enter a password composed of identical characters or a natural sequence (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4), as it will be rejected.
    Enter your password again to verify it.
    Hit enter

Will set and go back to general settings.
    You can also set Security Timeout, highlight the displayed time and click the trackwheel.
    Select Change Option, and choose a reasonable time for the handheld to time out and lock. Its recommended 15 minutes or less.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by dpfels
    Hi,
    I want to password protect my 8300, and there seems to be a problem. I went to Options>Security Options>general settings and checked the menu for the change password command, as indicated in the help file. The problem is, there is no menu item for setting or changing the password. I can enable the password protection, but I don't want to do that without having a password first.
    Is it the same password that I used to setup my email? Is there another way to enter a password?
    Thanks,
    Dan

I had this same question. When you enable it for the first time it asks you for the password. They used poor word choice on that menu item.

dpfels no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks.
    It didn't seem like a good idea to enable password protection without first entering the password.
    The help file on the device leaves something to be desired.
    Dan

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Ya, there is a learning curve.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~