Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Im considering getting that new sapphire blue housing from cnn.cn for my titanium 8310. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Changing Housings on 8310

Advertisement

Im considering getting that new sapphire blue housing from cnn.cn for my titanium 8310. I would like to hear from any of you who have ever changed your housing on the curve, about how difficult it is. I watched the two videos on their site, and it doesn't look that complicated, but I would like to hear from you.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I have changed my housing many times. It is VERY easy to do. Just take your time with it.

PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks dasupaman. it looks fairly uncomplicated, but as we know with BBs, what looks uncomplicated can quickly turn into something complicated. have you checked out that blue housing? SWEET!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    nada
    anyone else changed their Curve housing?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    ~via Supa BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah I actually have the Sapphire housing on mine. Here are some pics:

[/QUOTE]

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Have dont it all the time... not too hard. Just be gentle : )

Here is another site that I found for custom painted cases. Pretty close to cnn pricing too.

http://berryware.ca/index.php?page=about

PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks supaman and darryl. I checked out the berryware, that emerald green caught my eye. thanks guys

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't think it's very hard as I've done it before, but the antenna cover piece was a little tricky for me. I was scared to break it because you have to tug on it a little for it to come off.

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2
    I recently made the change to sapphire blue too. I opted to swap out the midplate too, which I would not recommend, unless you absolutely have to. It is a huge ordeal.

I took a couple pictures of the process, and detailed some of the difficulties.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=84890

But, if you are changing only the front plate and antenna cover, it is a breeze. You'll be just fine. You can actually pull the siderails to the side a bit to expose more of the front if you are having trouble taking the front plate off. BUT, be very careful not to snap anything or damaging by flexing.

PIN/ID
    nada
    OK, thanks. But if I read correctly in your other thread, the mid plate is what gave you trouble right? I do not need to replace the mid plate, just the housing/shell, so if Im just replacing the shell its not difficult?

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Its not to difficult! I have changed mine several times with me painting the housings.. I have not uploaded any pics as of yet. I have painted mine Crackberry White! it looks dayum good too! Once I open a online account to house my photos I will upload the pictures...
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    OK, thanks. But if I read correctly in your other thread, the mid plate is what gave you trouble right? I do not need to replace the mid plate, just the housing/shell, so if Im just replacing the shell its not difficult?
    Chokem, check your PM. But yes, in a nutshell, replacing just the front plate, antenna cover, and battery cover is not difficult. But it does require patience. You can break small pieces if you force it or get impatient. As I stated earlier, you can simplify the face plate removal by pulling the side rails out to reveal the pieces of the front plate that are locked into their respective notches. Just be careful not to damage the side rails (they are pretty flexible, so you should be ok).

Oh, also, keep in mind that cnn.cn does provide you a torx screwdriver with the full housing purchase. However, some blackberrys, like mine, have different sized screws for the exterior set and the interior four screws. So, you may need to go to home depot and pick up a multi-set torx.

PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks for responding liquid, I appreciate your help!!!

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yes I made the same purchase. LOVE the blue. It IS my favorite color. Very easy to do.

PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks BkLady!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast