How would I change the 802.11x MAC ADDRESS on my blackberry curve?... BlackBerry Curve forum

mcrook no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Change the WiFi MAC ADDRESS on my 8320

Advertisement

How would I change the 802.11x MAC ADDRESS on my blackberry curve?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I searched the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center, and couldn't find anything about changing the device's MAC Address.
    JerryD

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    If its anything like a PC, you cannot change the MAC address. It is hard encoded into the device itself, or rather the Wifi component of the phone. However if you are trying to set like a static IP or something with it, just use the mac address and make a reservation for it.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can change the MAC address in any modern computer operating system, however, this ability is not present in the BlackBerry operating system -- at least, not the ones that appear outside of RIM labs.

There are very few situations in which changing a device MAC is the way to solve the problem, and that ability is most often used for nefarious purposes. I doubt RIM would enable such functionality on end-user devices.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Changing the MAC address on PC can involve registry editing or 3rd party utilities. Don't think it can be changed on BB without some sort of hacking. *not recommended*

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    You can change the MAC address in any modern computer operating system
    Where in Windows do you change the MAC Address? I've only seen it available on Drivers for SOME NICs, but not in the OS. Same for Linux (last I looked anyway).
    JerryD