i have a theme already but i just one to change an app icon because ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bcons003 no está en línea Stack level 1

change an app icon

Advertisement

i have a theme already but i just one to change an app icon because they dont have one for it how do i go about doing that

-thanks

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't understand, is there an application you don't have an icon for, or do you want to change the way a particular icon looks?

If its just you can't find an icon, on your main screen press the menu button and select Hide/Show all. This will show you all of the icons hidden on your icon screen. If the icon isn't showing up then its either not available, or try looking for a 3rd party app.

If you're trying to change an icon you can't. Unless you activate a new theme you're stuck with the way all your icons look

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a question on this topic. I've read that there is currently no way to change 3rd party application icons to better match up with a themes icon set. Why would this be? When I made themes for palm I never had this problem.
    Right now I'm using the iBerry 2.0 theme and it looked awful with my other app icons mixed in. So I tossed them in a folder but that's a pathetic way of getting around a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.
    Is there really no remedy for this or am I incorrect?
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Once the app is installed I don't see a way to change the icon for it. Would be nice though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You have to change the file before you install it. I can edit 3rd party apps that are .jar files with ease, but I cant edit .cod files. Basically all you do I unpack the .Jar file like if it was a zip file then edit the icon then repack the files to a .jar
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 06-18-2008 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    You have to change the file before you install it. I can edit 3rd party apps that are .jar files with ease, but I cant edit .cod files. Basically all you do I unpack the .Jar file like if it was a zip file then edit the icon then repack the files to a .jar
    Well that's a step in the right direction. Thanks.

What do the majority of apps come as? .cod or .jar? Something tells me I won't like the answer lol.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    It just depends really I bet most of the profeesinal apps are in .cod but there are plenty that you can find it .jar

Yeah I was doing a little research and .cod is encrypted so the only alternative would be to contact the owner and request the source files. I was planning on putting my skills to use on a few blackberry themes but the icon limitation kinda bums me out.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~