Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Maybe it will do some good. Happy berrying!... BlackBerry Curve forum

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Maybe it will do some good.

Happy berrying!

vrychry no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up I got opera mini to install on 8310 with centennial

I am with Centennial as well. Rochester IN. I was having the same problem with opera mini even after upgrading my OS. What finally worked for me was choosing the generic version from the alphabetical list page instead of the clicking on the 8310 link. Somehow it downloaded the correct version for my phone and is now working. Don't really have a clue what I did, but I did it. Hope this info helps someone else. I spoke to Centennial a while back about the TCP (?) Settings needed to run a streaming radio app and was told that at this time they don't offer that. Which might be why I still can't get you tube videos to work on my BB.

donbaker no está en línea Stack level 1
    Easy to do! I have done this a few times for the curve. I have Centennial/soon-to-be-ATT. The trick is to download it to your computer and side-load it to your Curve. From there you just install it! Detailed instructions are in the zip file. Just go to the Opera Mini website, then click Free Download. Then on that page you can click download to PC. I have accomplished this on the Mac OS X and Vista platforms!

Enjoy!

smayone no está en línea Stack level 1
    In my opinion, BB Browser is much better than Opera Mini, I much rather browse the web with a pointing device... But like they say, to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by etohaholic View Post
    I have an 8310 thru Centennial and I cannot load Operamini! It gets to the end of the install and says it could not connect to the internet. I have changed the APN settings to what my provider specified, and set all the permissions to allow. Any ideas or tips?

smayone no está en línea Stack level 1
    In my opinion, BB Browser is much better than Opera Mini anyway, I much rather browse the web with a pointer vs. Scrolling method... But like they say, to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by etohaholic View Post
    I have an 8310 thru Centennial and I cannot load Operamini! It gets to the end of the install and says it could not connect to the internet. I have changed the APN settings to what my provider specified, and set all the permissions to allow. Any ideas or tips?

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I agree with the personal choice being the BB Browser, but them I am lazy and love the shortcuts. If we could configure OMini to use some of those shortcuts then things might be different.

Also 1 plus for all you Centennial users. With ATT taking over there is the possibility that you may finally get to use TCP access, but make sure you lock in your rate plans before hand as ATT pricing is much higher. JMHO.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am on Centennial Wireless and had no problem loading Opera on my phone and use it all the time.

You do not need the TCP/APN info to load and run the Opera Browser.

Did you load it OTA or from the DM?

I would try doing it both ways.

Also make sure yo check the "Set Permissions" box when you start the install.

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12