Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have an 8310 thru Centennial and I cannot load Operamini! It gets to the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

etohaholic no está en línea Stack level 1

Centennial 8310 won't load Opera Mini!

Advertisement

I have an 8310 thru Centennial and I cannot load Operamini! It gets to the end of the install and says it could not connect to the internet. I have changed the APN settings to what my provider specified, and set all the permissions to allow. Any ideas or tips?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Centennial 8310 won't load Opera Mini!

It could be your provider not allowing you to have access to the TCP/APN. Not everyone is allowed access. Where is Centennial located?

They are a regional provider in MI,IN,IL and a few southern states. They list an address, username, and password to use. When I called their tech support, they told me they didn't know and that it was third party software so no support was available from them.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

alright weird...hmmm

So it's installed on to your BB? But just won't connect when you run it?

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata

Quote Originally Posted by etohaholic View Post
    I have an 8310 thru Centennial and I cannot load Operamini! It gets to the end of the install and says it could not connect to the internet. I have changed the APN settings to what my provider specified, and set all the permissions to allow. Any ideas or tips?
    I don't think Centennial has it set up in their system to allow their BB users access to their TCP settings. Neither Opera mini or BB Weather will work without it. I just mentioned this to one of Cents reps last night (he is carrying an 8310) and he was oblivious to what I was even talking about. I personally have access to those settings but I believe it is because I once had a PDA plan on my phone and they never disabled my access to it.

I know this is not the answer that fellow Centennial users want to hear, but I do believe it to be fact. The only way for this to be corrected is for their Blackberry users to keep calling and hounding them about this issue until they finally get the hint.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update:

I spent an hour on the phone with one of Centennial's Blackberry Technicians this morning after posting my above response. I requested for all BIS users to be granted TCP access automatically and explained the reason for it in depth. The tech was gracious enough to promise me that she would immediately submit it to the propper source to try to get this access granted. Please remember that Centennial is also new to the Blackberry experience and hard as they are trying to learn the system and take care of their users, everything has a learning curve and this is no exception.

With that being said I guess only time will tell if this comes to pass, but let's keep our fingers crossed. I'll post any updates on the situation that I receive personally.

Happy Berrying!
    Last edited by pegb856; 02-27-2008 at 01:00 PM.

I figured it was some centennial bs! I work for them and still suspected that this would be the case. So basically, there is no recourse for us to complain about the limited functionality of our BB's. That's about par for the course. Thanks for the help guys! I really do appreciate your efforts on behalf of us newbies. Centennial just gave 8310s to its entire sales force, so you can expect many more noobs to inundate the net.

P.S.reddog187- you are exactly correct.

PIN/ID
    A Colata

Quote Originally Posted by etohaholic View Post
    I figured it was some centennial bs! I work for them and still suspected that this would be the case. So basically, there is no recourse for us to complain about the limited functionality of our BB's. That's about par for the course. Thanks for the help guys! I really do appreciate your efforts on behalf of us newbies. Centennial just gave 8310s to its entire sales force, so you can expect many more noobs to inundate the net.

Hey don't give up on them, if you work for them put your heads together (with coworkers) and consistantly report the issue to tech support, they will eventually get the hint. Hopefully.

Hey I'm only a devoted customer and I believe in them. But then I do pester them alot.
    Last edited by pegb856; 04-03-2008 at 03:00 PM.

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

Your with centennial? Where are you located? The only place I've seen centennial is when I lived in Ft Wayne, IN

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Does your phone plan include the data service option?

With AT&T data plans are an add-on option, not a free gimme.

http://www.wireless.att.com/business...comp-table.jsp

PIN/ID
    A Colata

Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    Your with centennial? Where are you located? The only place I've seen centennial is when I lived in Ft Wayne, IN

Yep, that's where I am.

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

That's pretty weird eh, I actually lived in Huntington, you know where that is?

PIN/ID
    A Colata

Smile Re: Centennial 8310 won't load Opera Mini!

Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    That's pretty weird eh, I actually lived in Huntington, you know where that is?

Yep I sure do, been there many times.

To the Moderators: Sorry for getting off topic.

cook46933 no está en línea Stack level 1
    That is probably the same issue preventing us from using the BB as a tethered modem. They say it is not supported, even though it is listed on THEIR website as a feature. I have been on the phone with them a couple times getting very frustrated. Hopefully they can get this resolved.

I bugs me having features on my BB that I am not allowed to use.

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I just forwarded a link to this thread to one of Centennial's employees in the tech support department.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast