Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions about CDMA speeds. I have Sprint and I am lovated In Erie, Pa. We ... BlackBerry Curve forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Question CDMA Speeds

Advertisement

Questions about CDMA speeds. I have Sprint and I am lovated In Erie, Pa. We are on the verge of having their high speed network here. The normal reading on my phone is 1X which I know is the lowest level. It has been reading off and on 1EV which I know is the next level up. I confirmed with a Sprint rep they are testing the system. He stated we are going to have EVDO Rev A in our area. Does anyone have this and what would it read on my phone?

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I live in the florida panhandle and when I first got my Sprint 8830 it was reading 1X, then about a week ago we got the high speed network coverage here and now it reads 1XEV which is the highest level in the EVDO network.
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Sprint has EVDO Rev A also. Here is a neat link that I found that maps out EVDO in areas. I just wanted to know what EVDO Rev A would read on a blackberry.

http://evdomaps.com/

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Cool Map, ya it will read out 1XEV
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am an enigneer at Sprint and just launched the EVDO Rev A network in my own market. I can confirm that if you are on either Rev 0 or Rev A your device will say 1XEV. IT is awesome going from 1x(RTT) to EVDO. In my testing I was getting an everage of 1.1 Mbps download and 600 Kbps upload.

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Thanks for that info! It has been a long time coming here where I live. They skipped the EVDO to get REV A this yearm Thanks again!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sprint goes automatically to Rev A since their upcoming push to talk needs Rev A to work properly. The Erie, PA area has been interesting. It should have had EVDO a while ago but Sprint has been constantly replacing the site hardware brands. It went from one brand of equipment to another and then back to the first brand. Real cost savings. Anyone wonder why Sprint is in financial trouble?

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    That is very interesting and thanks for that bit of info.The Erie area isn't large like Pitts or Philly. Sprint has been rolling the dice with business in Erie. There is a tremendous amount of business for Sprint in Erie. Without "SprintSpeed", Sprint has been losing out big time. With I-90 and I-79 running through Erie this is a major throughfare for businesses. I understand waiting for rev-a but it is questionable. Lecom students flood the restaurants that have free wifi. With an opportunity like that to promote Sprintspeed amongst new and upcoming doctors and such. Oh well I am just happy that the service I have been paying for the past 2 yrs is finally available. Thanks for allowing me to rant.

omegacodex no está en línea Stack level 1
    But I don't think 8330 supports rev.a, only support rev.0, am I right?

That I am not sure of. I have never been able to find any information regarding Rev O/A compatability. I will try and find out and post back.

absentminded no está en línea Stack level 1

Mms

Hello everybody! My 8330 curve I cannot find MMS, and also is there app or ota to tweek the registry?

drozek no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31B1D26F
    Quote Originally Posted by absentminded View Post
    Hello everybody! My 8330 curve I cannot find MMS, and also is there app or ota to tweek the registry?
    If you on Sprint, they locked the Blackberry down so you cannot send out MMS, only SMS, or you can send it through Pin Messenger

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Ok so when I use powerlink or whatever it is when I tether my BB with my computer it only reads EVDO Rev 0??? Its supposed to be Rev A? Will my phone access Rev A speeds?

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    it must be revA because my 8330 is way faster,instead of 12sec to load up its 3 sec now,i will try a find out !!
    Mike

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Do you have a website that you use to test your speeds. Like with the instinct on infosync they said they like to use cnn because it is mobile user friendly and the speeds are consistant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast