I have read about issues with dust under the screen and the trackball getting gummed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

consorzio no está en línea Stack level 1

Carrying BB in pocket

Advertisement

I have read about issues with dust under the screen and the trackball getting gummed up when carrying the BB in a pocket (I searched the forums but nothing recent jumped out at me). I am switching over to a BB8320 in the next couple of weeks, but I normally carry my cellphone like a wallet. Is there anything I can do to minimize/avoid these issues (yes, beyond having lint-free pockets), or do I just need to get used to "wearing" a cell phone again?

Also, my boss (a BB user) accidentally calls me once in a while. Do you have to lock the phone to avoid this, or would standby prevent it?

Thanks all!

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Carrying BB in pocket

I havent heard of these issues with the curve, and it comes with a pouch so you can carry in your pocket. Me, I'm coming from a pearl and had it in a leather case which had a plastic cover for the screen, so never had any screen issues. Chances are, I'll look for the same for the 8320. You dont wanna pick up on your boss?

SupersoakdatHO no está en línea Stack level 1

wearing a phone on a clip feels creepy to me, also I set my "phone lock" to the side convenience key so out of habbit, I always press it before putting it in my pocket......the only thing to remember is to not put it in the same pocket with keys or opened switchblades

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Locking the keypad is always a great idea if you are not going to carry it in a case. I carry mine in my side cargo pants sometimes and never have a problem but I always remember to lock the keypad.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Mine is always in my pocket as well. You may eventually get a little dust in there but you should be able to clean most of it out with the many helpful threads available online. Like everyone said, it is a good idea to lock it first before throwing it in your pocket to avoid those unwanted boss calls.

Quote Originally Posted by SupersoakdatHO
    ...or opened switchblades
    I hope you don't live near me. I don't want to meet you in a dark alley.

consorzio no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc
    You dont wanna pick up on your boss?
    She blames it on her Blackberry. Its actually pretty funny to listen to her shopping at the grocery store, yelling in the car, laughing with friends, etc. I certainly don't want to accidentally make those kind of calls....

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. Yeah, and I need to stop carrying machetes in my pants

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by SupersoakdatHO
    wearing a phone on a clip feels creepy to me, also I set my "phone lock" to the side convenience key so out of habbit, I always press it before putting it in my pocket......the only thing to remember is to not put it in the same pocket with keys or opened switchblades
    wtf? LOL

well i dont have switchblades but.. i did scratch my curve a little with a nail file in my purse. i was so pissed! luckily with my fortte case you cant even see the scratch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by consorzio
    Its actually pretty funny to listen to her shopping at the grocery store, yelling in the car, laughing with friends, etc.
    Oh, so you're trying to prevent yourself from dialing out, well yeah I always lock mines. Also have that auto-lock app installed. But as far as hearing her, imagine what other actions you may hear her in. Could be interesting

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

If you go to geekandproud.com you can get the autolock function there. It will lock after the time you choose----anywhere from 30 sec to 2 min after the back light goes out. Super helpful!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

I was wondering if that autolock app works for the curve and other bb's. I was under the impression it only worked for the pearl. Anyone know?

jeffsaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EE28B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you get a scratch on your screen before you are able to get a screen protector you can always polish it or buff it out with a bit of novus #3 and finish it off with a little #2, novus that is, and the screen will sometimes even be clearer than stock

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3

I carry my BB in my pocket. At first I left the original screen protector on. Then I got a blue OEM skin. Then I got some screen guardz. Hated those. Next was an invisible shield screen protector. Love that. Next was a Seidio hybrid case. Love that, too. Then Fortte sent me an e-coupon a few weeks ago, so I ordered a glove fit Fortte case -- kind of defeats the purpose of the invisible shield but I anticipate going back and forth between the Seidio case (which doesn't offer screen protection) and the Fortte (which does have screen protection). I am such a phone accessory whore. I know I've said that before but it's true, especially with cases. Both the Seidio and the Fortte cases don't have clips so I could carry them in my pocket. I've yet to experience any dust or issues with the trackball and I've had the Curve since June 6. I may buy a Vaja case later but they're twice the cost of the Fortte cases sooooo... yeah.

I did finally get a nick last week on the bottom right corner of the Curve when the phone slipped out of my jacket pocket when I was getting out of the car and it fell face first onto concrete. The clear plastic front part of the Seidio hybrid case popped off and the concrete bit my poor phone. But, with the Fortte case on, you can't even see it.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

I may just get this case to protect the curve and screen.
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/dlca...9.htm#features