I need some help with finding out how to view the information in the caption ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dmbbrett no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241e6461

Question Caption Boxes?

Advertisement

I need some help with finding out how to view the information in the caption boxes you will find online. You know the ones that have a weird background and usally have numbers and letters in them and a wavey curve to them. i NEED TO GET THE CODE OUT OF THERE! Everytime i come accross one i see "captcha' writen out. HELP ANYONE?

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Caption Boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by dmbbrett
    I need some help with finding out how to view the information in the caption boxes you will find online. You know the ones that have a weird background and usally have numbers and letters in them and a wavey curve to them. i NEED TO GET THE CODE OUT OF THERE! Everytime i come accross one i see "captcha' writen out. HELP ANYONE?
    I hate to tell you...but this sounds bad. "CAPTCHA" is a technique used specifically to make it as difficult as possible for a computerized process to interpret the text in the CAPTCHA image. The ENTIRE point of CAPTCHA is to prevent people from writing processes that can auto-log-on to a web site, doing such nasty things as creating hundreds or thousands of bogus computer-generated usernames and accounts on a site.

Until the advent of CAPTCHA, people who knew enough to write bots could wreak havoc on a website, filling chat rooms with hundreds of bogus "people", flooding databases with hundreds of thousands of faked accounts, etc.

Typically, the only reason for people attempting to bypass CAPTCHA is to vandalize a web site.

Read up on CAPTCHA here: http://www.captcha.net/

dmbbrett no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241e6461

Re: Caption Boxes?

I just wana be able to see the box. I understand what its for, but if i cant read the code i cant enter the site.