Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, I was with the mother of my daughter for the weekend and password-ed the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

in4am0spun no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2

Cant Turn off Screen Lock

Advertisement

Well, I was with the mother of my daughter for the weekend and password-ed the 8900... Come monday, I went to take it off, "Disabled" it, entered my password and i thought it was now unlocked from the screen lock... Turns out its not.. Ran thru the search and found nothing to help me out, May n e one help me out with this?

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    If I understand you correctly you forgot or can't remember your password. If you mean locked just push the unlock key on the top left. If you can not remember your password after 10 tries I believe you will have to reinstall your os.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by cbeslash; 06-24-2009 at 11:23 AM.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Go to Options > Password and change "Password" to "Disabled". And the above post is correct that there is a finite number of password attempts before it will wipe all personal data from the handheld.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeslash View Post
    If I understand you correctly you forgot or can't remember your password. If you mean locked just push the unlock key on the top left. If you can not remember your password after 10 tries I believe you will have to reinstall your os.
    No I know the password. And i tried disabling the password and it still requests me for the password when i turn off screen lock. AFTER the fact that I disabled it.

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Go to Options > Password and change "Password" to "Disabled". And the above post is correct that there is a finite number of password attempts before it will wipe all personal data from the handheld.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    You check under Options > Security Options > General Settings to see if "Content Protection" is enabled?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2

PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    "Content protection" is now disabled... I have been toggling them on and off for days w/ battery pulls and the whole nine but nothing worked so far... Thinking if I wipeout handheld would that fix the problem... But I'm sure the back will have my phone protected n e ways

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Last one for me, but under Security > Options, do you have Lock Upon Holstering enabled?

pikelon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24b710f9
    option, password, disabled, 'menu' key, save and retype your password, press 'enter' key and close options.... get back with update!!

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think your baby mamma changed your password!

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by pikelon View Post
    option, password, disabled, 'menu' key, save and retype your password, press 'enter' key and close options.... get back with update!!
    He stated that he had already disabled the password feature.
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    So far nothing... I was thinking of wiping out the device, or upgrade the device or downgrading it. Maybe I'm the unlucky one who caught this prob w/ the .250 beta version

PIN/ID
    Ask
    At this point, that would be my advice. Backup your themes, calendar, etc., then do a quick wipe and re-install the .250 from Rogers. I've had 0 problems with this one so far.
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    I just hope the back-up remembers ALL but my pass...

PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    Turn's out the beta version of .250 was missing the option of Option > Password. When I had set up the password it was via option > security > general security... But for whatever reason was unable to disable thru that... So I used jl_cmdr wiped it out reinstalled the italy verison of .250 and everything is fine now... Thanks for all who gave me some input

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast