Model 8300 w/gps Provider AT&T 4GB micro SD present Well, something happened to my desktop ... BlackBerry Curve forum

thenomad no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't transfer files to/from Berry using USB

Advertisement

Model 8300 w/gps
    Provider AT&T
    4GB micro SD present

Well, something happened to my desktop PC at work and when I connect the blackberry to my WinXPpro PC, it no longer shows under devices with removable media section. It does not show anywhere under MyComputer at all as a matter of fact. When I connect it to USB port with the given cable, I hear the bing's and bang's and I can see the external storage in my USB device connection icon in the tray though.

At home, my laptop, again work provided running winXPpro, sees it without any problems. They both get updated with the same Microsoft updates, so being at 2 different SP Levels is not the issue. They are at the same software levels as far as XP is concerned.

I am a UNIX guy and windows stuff is not my forte. I asked around to the windoze admins and nobody can tell me anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    What do you see when you right click on the icon on tray?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Anyway, shouldn't be a big problem. Reinstall DM and BB device drivers (you can download those from blackberry website). That should fix it, and when you reconnect your device to transfer files to media card, cut/paste method, remember to allow mass storage on.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Try this thread: http://forums.pinstack.com/f61/mass_storage_issues_heres_the_fix-96938/

There are a few fixes in this thread, try 2 if that doesn't work try another.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Check this thread... worked for me...

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    Check this thread... worked for me...
    *copy cat*

Same thread
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

thenomad no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

My problem was, my cd burner was occupying derive letter D: which blackberry was expecting to map its drive letter. what fixed the problem was going into the disk management gui (from dos command line, type diskmgmt.msc) and remapping the drive letter for the cd burner to something else.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Im will to bet thats what that other program does, but this guys knows how to do it manually lol... it wasnt automatically updating the drives, hrmmm very interesting, thankss
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Installing bb device driver would have done the same thing-allocating the USB port to your BB, i.e. a new drive would have been mapped. Nevertheless, good to note that the issue has been resolved.