I installed Desktop Manager 4.6 as instructed by T-Mobile website and running OS 4.5.0.81 on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GregoryC no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can't synchronize with DM 4.6

Advertisement

I installed Desktop Manager 4.6 as instructed by T-Mobile website and running OS 4.5.0.81 on my 8320. When I try to synchronize my Blackberry I get to the part where I can choose between Oulook, Outlook Express, Yahoo and ASCII. When I click on Outlook and choose ok, I get an error message "a session of that type has not been started"
    What must I do to remove this error message and synchronize with Outlook? I receive the same error message with Calendar and Tasks. When I click on Outlook Express or Yahoo, it works fine and I see the arrows asking me how I want to synchronize. I have Office 2003 installed on my computer. Thanks.
    (It will let me synchronize with Outlook Express which is still on my computer but I don't use anymore)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Gregory, DM 4.6 is a very stable version so keep that.

Have you looked on P-C in Start> Programs> Microsoft Office to make sure that Outlook is there? If it is, can you execute it OK?

I'm using the same DM version with Outlook on XP, 8330 and it should be east to sync. I suspect something real simple but don't know what to check other than the basics.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

GregoryC no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

Yes it's there. Start, All programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I can execute it from there.
    I'll just synch from my desktop (4.7) since it's working. Just curious why it would give me this error message on my laptop... Thanks.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryC View Post
    Yes it's there. Start, All programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I can execute it from there.
    I'll just sync from my desktop (4.7) since it's working. Just curious why it would give me this error message on my laptop... Thanks.
    I understand your dilemma, Gregory - see below. Your situation might be resolved by something so simple as you uninstalling/reinstalling the DM but that's a lot of trouble - you'd have to reinstall you BB OS too.

I have two laptops (Thinkpad - Sony Vaio) running the same XP, same SP upgrade level, same browser(s), etc. and they are SO different in how they behave and what they allow.

I also have the exact same DM 4.6 on both, same BB OS's installed, etc. and, after your particular problem, you can probably believe how different the syncs, backups, etc. are between the two. I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out the "whys" and just do the best I can. It works but it's not the same at all.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com