Can someone tell me how to disable the security option. I bought the phone and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vmmarcano no está en línea Stack level 2

cant stop my phone from locking

Advertisement

Can someone tell me how to disable the security option. I bought the phone and it keeps locking after a little while. It is annoying. Please help

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    options/security options/general settings
    disable password.

a GREAT app for the pearl is autolock ... locks the keypad to keep from dialing, but doesn't do it with a pw

::edit:: are you talking about a pearl (which is what you have in your profile) or a curve? which is what forum you posted in...

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    options/security options/general settings
    disable password.

a GREAT app for the pearl is autolock ... locks the keypad to keep from dialing, but doesn't do it with a pw

::edit:: are you talking about a pearl (which is what you have in your profile) or a curve? which is what forum you posted in...
    I'm sorry I have to change my profile. I just got the curve yesterday. I tried to disable it but it won't give me the option.

Please this locking thing is getting to me. I checked the guides here and people are having the same problem and no one seems to have a answer. If anyone knows how to disable the locking feature please reply.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Did you try what Cherri said??? That should do it.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Also make sure that you dont have "lock handheld upon holstering" on "yes"...make sure it's on "no"
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

It doesn't give me the option to disable it. It has a little red lock next to the word enable

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have tried everything. I took off the lock upon holstering. Nothing is working

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just to be clear, is it forcing you to unlock with a password or is do you just hit * & the call button?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it makes me unlock it with the password.

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry, can't help you there. Sounds like a glitch, to me if you can't disable it.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you buy the device new or used...go in to options>security options>General Settings and see if there is anything listed for IT Policy

insrebel36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Check if you can you disable content protection under options>security options>general settings. You can't disable the password if content protection is enabled.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    The little red lock next to the word enable means indicates that there is an IT policy set by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator on BlackBerry smartphones that does not allow BlackBerry smartphone users to change the option.
    If your BlackBerry smartphone is set up on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server then no you will not be able to disable it.