On my 8300, Ive downloaded music on my microSD card in the Blackberry\music folder, but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tdedward no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Cant see SDcard with media player

Advertisement

On my 8300, Ive downloaded music on my microSD card in the Blackberry\music folder, but cant see the songs in the music media application. I've formated the card, no help. how can i see my music by aritist, genre, album, shuffle, etc... I can only explore play individually.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Cant see SDcard with media player

Are you still plugged into your PC when you're trying to access the files? If you are unplug then you can access the files.

*Remember you can't access files on your SDcard browsing from your BB when in Mass Storage Mode.

I'm confused...one part of you question says your can't see the songs, then the last sentence says you can only explore individually? So does that mean you can see them now?

tdedward no está en línea Stack level 1

to clarify: unplugged from my PC with Mass Storage mode off, I open Media...Music and under 'all songs' - i see no files; 'Artists' - 0; Genres - 0; etc... i can however get out of the music application; and explore and open a directory on the MicroSD card and play a song from there. the manual stated that i needed to place the mp3's in the SDCard\blackberry\music directory... which i did.

i guess my question: is there anyway to see the mp3's on the MicroSD Card within the onboard music application so that i could choose to listen by genre, artist, album, etc? Or is there any 3rd party application that would allow me to catagorize my music and create playlists?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try turning Mass Storage On and automatically enable Mass storage when connected to prompt. If you are using Desktop Manager 4.2 Sp2 the you can leave both set to On all the time

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~