The oddest thing, I purchased a 2 GB Memory card for my Blackberry Curve and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

boombatty no está en línea Stack level 1

Cant see pix on Memory Card from the Curve

Advertisement

The oddest thing, I purchased a 2 GB Memory card for my Blackberry Curve and transfered existing pix over to it. I can see those pictures when through the camera view on the phone and the Media tool. I take new pics and cannot see them in either. If I plug the Blackberry in to my laptop and run Media Manager or even just view the card in Explorer I see all pix in the Pictures folder, both the transfered and the new pix. What did I do wrong? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    -BB

Re: Cant see pix on Memory Card from the Curve

A little extra data for my problem.
    The pics on the memory card that show up have a little green arrow in the bottom right hand corner where the pics i still have on the phone's internal memory do not.
    Is this some type of filter?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Check you camera options and see where it is saving the new pictures. Strange you can see old pics in both internal memory and the media card, but not the new ones. The green arrow means the file is on the memory card.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the reply, I located a thread (and replied) to a user having the same issue. It is really weird. I can save to the Media card and see it on my laptop but when I am viewing on the BB. The folder is the exact same as are the pic details (type, resolution, etc.).
    Now to add a another quirk. I can save to the Curve's internal memory and move the pic to the Media card, again same folder or even a subfolder if I choose and then I have no problem viewing it. If I default save to the memory card, nada, unless viewing from the laptop of the Pictures folder but if I move it to the same folder, wallah!
    Very odd and not how it worked a few weeks ago which makes me think some permission somewhere got changed. I just have no idea when and how except it seemed to correspond with me downloading a few games which do ask you let it change permissions. I may be throwing darts in the dark with that one though.

timn2bama no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and all I did was rename my pics and they all came back up, weird!

Quote Originally Posted by timn2bama
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago and all I did was rename my pics and they all came back up, weird!
    I just tried and it didnt work. Funny though is that the pics I moved from my Curve's internal memory to my Memory Card have disappeared again. This time though I ran through a process and may have found a link.

I loaded up 2 new games using the Application Manager from the Desktop Manager software and now my pics are hidden once again (except of course when I am on the PC. This is sounding more and more like an OS crapfest.

ali3n8 no está en línea Stack level 1

Here is what worked for me.

1. Remove sdcard from bb.
    2. Place your sdcard into the minisdcard adapter if you have one and then plug into your laptop or desktop.
    3. Go to my computer, on your card right click select properties->tools->check now. (this will run a chkdsk on your media card and correct any errors on it)
    4. Put everything back together and you should be able to view your images or any other folders you may have created for that matter.

If you do not have a minisd adapter you can also plug your blackberry up to your pc and attempt to run the chkdsk that way but Im not sure since I did not use that method.