My trackball won't go up??????? I can go down but not up???? Did a battery ... BlackBerry Curve forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Question can't scroll up

Advertisement

My trackball won't go up??????? I can go down but not up???? Did a battery pull grrr?????????????? Someone please help!!!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Go by an Electronics Store, Radio Shack will do if nothing else is available. Buy a can of Canned Air for Electronics. Hold the can upright and direct the air flow into the ball. Should get it cleaned out just fine.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    When that happens to me...i just keep playing with it and i eventually starts working again.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    yeah it did thanks. I kinda had to push on it firmly and it worked. Thanks anyway.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Glad it worked. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3

If you are careful, you can pop the whole ball mechanism out and clean it.
    I have done this on a few different models (including the 8330):
    From Blackberryinsight.com:
    The silver ring which covers the trackball can easily be removed if you use a small screwdriver to lift it at the outer side of the ring. Be careful here! Like you should be during the whole process as all parts have very small plastic nipple which can break very easy. When the silver plastic ring is removed you will see the inner trackball component which can be removed completely. Before doing this you should carefully remove the silver metal ring that holds the trackball component in its position. The trackball component itself can also be carved. For every direction the ball can roll to you’ll find a sensor wheel. Those wheels are mostly carrying some gunk you should clean them from. Once this is done put everything back together to the place the pieces came from and secure the trackball with the silver plastic ring you removed in the first step. Your BlackBerry’s trackball should be back working now.