Hi guys... I'm having a strange problem & I hope someone can help me. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Serenity7306 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't save pictures on my Curve :(

Advertisement

Hi guys...

I'm having a strange problem & I hope someone can help me. I was in a car accident recently & my curve was destroyed in the wreck. So last month I purchased the exact same model, an 8310, to replace it & began trying to get back all the apps, ringtones, etc that I had on my first curve. Right away I noticed call logs & emails dissappearing, so I deleted some unnecessary apps & the problem was solved. I have a lot less ringtones, pics & such on my new curve than I did on my first one & I have plenty of memory, so I'm not even sure why that happened & now this new problem is happening...when I take a picture a msg comes up that says "File Stem Full" & "Unable to Save."

Does anyone know why this is happening & what I can do about it? I had tons of pics on my previous curve & never had this happen. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Meant to say "File System Full".

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you don't have a memory card in it, go to pictures, hit the menu key and select options, make sure that the reserved pictures memory isn't set to 0MB.

Hope this helps any.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the input Nicholaus. I did try that shortly after putting up my post & now it says I have 13 pictures I can take. Wierd thing is that I do have a memory card (as I did with my first BB, which like I said had tons of pics on it), yet still I am limited. Hmmm...

No problem.

I put a used memory card in my little brothers pearl and it wouldn't work so I put the card in my computer and erased everything on it and it worked fine after that.

I just copied everything back from my computer to his pearl using the usb cable.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaus View Post
    No problem.

I put a used memory card in my little brothers pearl and it wouldn't work so I put the card in my computer and erased everything on it and it worked fine after that.
    Yeah, you can also back-up all files from your card to your pc, then format w/device. Use Mass Storage mode to re-install files to your card via BB.

Hmm. Thing is though, this is a new memory card. I wonder if I should take it back into the store & have them check it out, cuz something is definately not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Yeah, you can also back-up all files from your card to your pc, then format w/device. Use Mass Storage mode to re-install files to your card via BB.
    That's what I ended up doing, I don't know why it didn't work from the start, all the folders were right and everything. I guess the pearl won't take a card that was formatted for the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity7306 View Post
    Hmm. Thing is though, this is a new memory card. I wonder if I should take it back into the store & have them check it out, cuz something is definately not right.
    Have you already tried formatting like Jbee said?

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I bought a new memory card once, an in a couple of days it was loading slow, even not showing up. This is due to the fact that I was in a hurry to "play w/my toy" instead of doing what I should have done in the first place...Format w/my device.:cry: If you did not pre-format before you started loading thing on it, it can cause major issues. Just FYI
    Last edited by Jbee; 10-18-2008 at 03:57 AM. Reason: added

No. Haven't tried that. I'm ashamed to say that I'm not all that computer savvy and have actually never hooked my BB up to my computer.

(Think I just felt myself blush a lil...lol!)

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    No. Haven't tried that. I'm ashamed to say that I'm not all that computer savvy and have actually never hooked my BB up to my computer.

(Think I just felt myself blush a lil...lol!)
    No worries, you're on the Stacks...We've all done stuff we're not proud of. But that's what makes this site great...Humility!

Amen to Humility! Lol!

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Amen to Humility! Lol!
    What good would it be to think one individual is better than another? None... We can be so much more when wrapped in Humility.