I'm receiving email on my 8320, but after I open it and read it, ... BlackBerry Curve forum
can't reply to email, aol!
I'm receiving email on my 8320, but after I open it and read it, I CANT REPLY.
it keeps saying:
"NO MESSAGE SERVICES CONFIGURED. YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO SAVE DRAFT"
already tried going to routing table and hitting register.
already tried going to set up internet email, and send service books.
go to to your BIS web page and delete the account. Then add it back. See if that helps....
Oh, and welcome to Pinstack!
but I tried deleting it 3 or 4 times.
doesn't help. just keep receiving email and being unable to reply../.
after you deleted the account and readded it are you trying to reply to an old email??? if so it won't work...you need to send yourself a new email and see if you can reply to it because the old email was received with old service books which are no longer present on your device.
There are a few possible causes for this, all of which will be taken care of by following the directions I am giving you.
Originally Posted by milklet
Here's a solution that should work without fail. Please follow these steps in the exact sequence they appear, otherwise this will not work.
1) From your BB Start Screen: Options - advanced options - service book - look through this list for two files that are named after your email address. If none are found that's fine. If they are there, then delete them.
2) Go to your BIS log in and delete your email account. Wait about 15 seconds then re-ad it. Be sure as you click ok and close that you receive the message that it was added successfully. Do NOT log out, leave this window open as we will be going back here shortly.
3) From your BB Start Screen: Options - advanced options - host routing table - menu key, choose register now. Look in your message inbox and confirm your BB is now registered on the system. Once confirmed move to step four. If not repeat this step until you are registered. Then close out of that window.
4) Back to your BIS window, on the left side under settings click on service books. Give these sufficient time to arrive on your BB. They will appear in a time frame of about 2 minutes to 15 minutes, so be patient. Once they arrive you will get a message that your email account has been successfully setup.
5) Celebrate! You are now up and running perfectly!
If for some reason this does not work, please report back here and we will continue on until it's fixed. I will watch carefully for your report back.
One thing that is missing in the above steps Is, check the service books for ANYTHING that says Desktop, delete any service book with desktop in it, these are added for Redirctor or BES if the Desktop manager is instlled NOT using the Internet Service Option, and if you are not on a BES or using the redirector, then these service books on the device will jamb mail up. And if this is so, you need to reinstall the DTM and on the intergartion options page change it to internet service.
J. "Wyatt" Croom
Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
Tags for this Thread