I have a 8300 curve. I cannot reply any of my emails. It will only ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sarami no está en línea Stack level 1

cant reply

Advertisement

I have a 8300 curve. I cannot reply any of my emails. It will only allow me to save as draft. Also it is doing the same when I try to compose any emails. Pls help I'm new to pinstack and new user w/BB.

djunohoo no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Re: cant reply

Quote Originally Posted by sarami View Post
    I have a 8300 curve. I cannot reply any of my emails. It will only allow me to save as draft. Also it is doing the same when I try to compose any emails. Pls help I'm new to pinstack and new user w/BB.
    Well the first thing I would check if i were you is to make sure the radio is turned on. This is essentially turning on your way of communicating. Think of it as when you are in outlook and it is set to "work offline". You should be able to find this in the main screen of icons toward the end. Im not sure of the layout on your phone but it cant be much different than my 8830. Find the spot to turn on the radio and you should be good. It might be in the options menu, it looks like a wrench. Let me know if this helps.

Re: cant reply

Hey djunohoo, thx for the tip. I don't have outlook or a radio on my bb. It was working fine until few weeks ago my bb did a master reset on its own and it hasn't been the same. Plus I lost all info.

djunohoo no está en línea Stack level 2

no no no...i think you misunderstood what i was talkin about. Ok like on my blackberry, if i go toward the last of the icons i have a manage connections icon there, this is where i can enable or disable "radio" (not like FM AM but just cell signal)or bluetooth, stuff like that. I was just referencing outlook as a comparison to show you what I was talkin about.

Heres two more thoughts for you though 1. do you know that you can backup your blackberry to your pc in case something happens you can restore it to the last backup? this would help you in case something like that reset were to happen again 2. if it just randomly did a reset on its own, definately definately definately hit up you provider to replace it for you, if they wont do it, get it replaced through RIM cause it shouldnt do that on its own like that

Let me know how this works out for you ;^)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It sounds like you have lost your connection with the Blackberry Network. Try resending your service books. Log into your BIS account and Send them from there.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    It sounds like you have lost your connection with the Blackberry Network. Try resending your service books. Log into your BIS account and Send them from there.

Rcbjr.
    Rcbjr is correct, you need to go into menu, options, advanced options, service book and delete the service books associated with your email. ( there should be 2, cical and cimime) then either log into your carriers email section and resend the service books from there or go into set up internet email icon from the phone and resend from the settings section there. This is a known issue that RIM is working on. Seems to have popped up more frequently after the recent BIS upgrade. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Rcbjr is correct, you need to go into menu, options, advanced options, service book and delete the service books associated with your email. ( there should be 2, cical and cimime) then either log into your carriers email section and resend the service books from there or go into set up internet email icon from the phone and resend from the settings section there. This is a known issue that RIM is working on. Seems to have popped up more frequently after the recent BIS upgrade. Hope it helps.
    Thanks. I have done all that u instructed. Looks like its working ok at this momment. Thx again.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by sarami View Post
    Thanks. I have done all that u instructed. Looks like its working ok at this momment. Thx again.
    Glad you are running again.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

this has just cropped up on me for a third time... what if the issue is with BES emails... not BIS - what's the resolution then?

still deleting the BES acct CMIME??? then what? an undelete and soft reset don't help. tried that

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD