I am getting a file system error when trying to rename videos on the 8900. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3

Can't Rename Videos

Advertisement

I am getting a file system error when trying to rename videos on the 8900. Anyone else have this problem or a fix?? I am running .231

Thanks,
    Jeff

Just changed it to mass storage mode and I could rename a couple but not more then 3 letters. The rest gave me the same error.
    Last edited by JeffNNJ; 05-14-2009 at 11:14 AM.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Try downloading this ota 3rd party app called BBFileScout
    Lets you browse all your files on your blackberry and SD card, and lets you rename any file. I just renamed a few videos with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    Try downloading this ota 3rd party app called BBFileScout
    Lets you browse all your files on your blackberry and SD card, and lets you rename any file. I just renamed a few videos with it.
    I just tried it and it did not work at all but it did corrupt and erase 3 of my videos so I would absolutely not recommend it.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    It works great for me, you must have corrupt files to begin with. Can you actually play the files on your blackberry, or on a pc if you transfer them?

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    It works great for me, you must have corrupt files to begin with. Can you actually play the files on your blackberry, or on a pc if you transfer them?
    Yeah, they played great. When I went to rename them they became corrupted and I was returned a java.lang.NullPointerException[null] error. I can no longer access them through my videos folder. I am glad that it worked for you but for me it's a nightmare.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    move all you stuff out of the mem card and format it, then read the files back, also have you tried renaming them in your pc?
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    move all you stuff out of the mem card and format it, then read the files back, also have you tried renaming them in your pc?
    Nah, not yet. I will try that soon. It just sucks that it deleted those video files. Now, unless I have the memory card set to mass file mode I can't see any of my media where as before I downloaded the program I could. It really screwed up my BB but I appreciate the effort.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i think is just a problem with the mem card, hopefully a format can make the trick
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)