Hey guys, my buddy is having a problem opening/saving an MP3 that I emailed to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Can't Open File in Email...Help!

Advertisement

Hey guys, my buddy is having a problem opening/saving an MP3 that I emailed to him on his BlackBerry, it says "file truncated due to size" . I used to have a BlackBerry 8100 (on AT&T) and I NEVER had a problem opening email attachments, even MP3's, and it's only 2mb.

He's with Verizon, What can he do to fix it? (if possible).

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I noticed this forum doesn't get much play....but hopefully someone can help me/him.
    Last edited by beeshabo; 01-06-2010 at 12:32 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    According to this the email and attachment can be up to at least 5mb so that is strange that it is truncating a 2mb message. Is there just the one attachment and is the message body itself small? I am not aware of vzw capping the size lower than RIM's BIS allows, but you never know with them
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

azstar - Thank you for the post and link.

It's a blank email, no body text whatsoever, with a single 2mb MP3 attached....???

What do you suggest he do? Call Verizon?

Thanks again

Is he up to date with the latest OS on his phone? Maybe try deleting and resending the email service books then resend the email. If that doesn't work then I guess call VZW. Weird...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

azstar - Yeah, I was thinking maybe resending service books. I'll have him try that, if not, then I guess he'll try calling.

THANKS A LOT!!!

Hope that works, be sure he does a backup before deleting the email service books.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    I've had the same issue with mp3's on the AT&T network. I hope it works.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I get logs emailed to me as attachments from backup and anti virus scans that run on our servers and anything around 2 MB or bigger always gets truncated for some reason. I'm on AT&T and receiving emails via BIS from my work account on an Exchange Server.

I was on AT&T (with my blackberry) for 2 years and I NEVER had an issue with receiving emails...especially some as small as 2mb

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did a little investigating for the exact error messages I get. When I try to view the attachment I get the error "Attachment size exceeds server value" and if I try to download the attachment I get the error "Attachment exceeds the maximum download size of 2.9 MB".
    I don't know if it's an AT&T imposed limit or something through BIS but I wish there was a way around it.

There is an app called mediapop that works with pop mail accounts that lets you download bigger files. I used it on my 8330 to download mp3 files that were up to 8mb. it's not free, but worked great for me.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Thanks azstar...I'll mention that to my buddy, but since the files he usually gets are under 4MB I doubt he'd wanna spend $ on an app. He said he's gonna call Verizon and see if they'll work him through sending his service books and all that