Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have installed DM for my new Curve, but when I attach the device via ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Steve-hose no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't install new 8310

Advertisement

I have installed DM for my new Curve, but when I attach the device via USB, the New Hardware Wizard cannot install the drivers.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled DM several times, also the phone OS on the comp, to no avail. My 8830 didn't have this problem, any suggestions? I am on AT&T, new 8310, Win XP. Thanks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    What are you exactly trying to do? I'm not sure what drivers you're try to get.

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Try and download the USB and Modem drivers on their own, that way the hardware wizard doesn't need to install them.

Thanks I downloaded it and installed the drivers however it still gives me the "Cannot Install This Hardware" and "This hardware was not installed because the wizard could not find the necessary software" errors.

Any suggestions? Very frustrating. Thanks
    Last edited by Steve-hose; 03-20-2008 at 10:27 AM.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    A nasty problem to be sure. You are pluged directly into a USB port on the PC and not into a USB hub, right?

WHat version of Windows are you running? Has to be XP, or Vista (Yuck)
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Yes, directly into USB port, Win XP. About to lose my mind lol....

Does anyone know what directory the drivers are located so I could perhaps point the wizard to find them?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Sorry I am at work and don't have access to the CD, and I can't remember off the top of my head.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Update

I tried another computer and it worked, I had DM running and when I plugged in the BB for the first time DM recognized it, no New Hardware Wizard. When I tried again on my comp, I followed the same steps but when I plugged it in it went to Hardware Wizard and DM didn't see it.

Could this be because of previous install or some other lagging file? I have uninstalled DM several times including going thru registry for any old entries.

Any clues as to why it's going to Hardware Wizard instead of DM recognizing the drivers?

Thanks.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    the directory for the drivers is c:\program files\common files\research In motion\USB Drivers

Thanks I pointed the Wizard to that file, it loaded the Blackberry handheld driver then another Wizard started but got stuck on "Rim composite device" and when i point to that directory again it says it cannot install. Arrrgghhhh

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are you just trying to just get the PC to recognize the BB?

What version of the DM do you have? Have you tried the options menu in the DM and attempted thew connection tab?

I can't get past the 2nd wizard coming up looking for a driver before saying it cannot install hardware. DM does not recognize it, the wizard pops up when i plug the phone into the USB port. I have version 4.2.2.14 from the cd. It worked on another ocmputer, not this one where I had my 8830. I did a clean unuinstall of everyyting including the registry, reinstalled, and no dice. ABout to go Postal.
    Last edited by Steve-hose; 03-20-2008 at 07:10 PM.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    try downloading a copy of the device software to the pc and installing it and then try pointing the wizard to the directory i gave you before. When you download the handheld software it comes with the appropriate drivers as well.

Also you could try creating a different user profile on windows and try it under that profile. Also make sure any firewalls and stuff are turned off.

I tried the device software, same thing, it finds the blackberry device driver then it cant find the Rim COmposite driver and says sorry no can install. I will try another profile, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast