Good afternoon all, I just bought a Curve and love it. I am trying to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

trench123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't format 8310 with Lexar 1GB microSD card

Advertisement

Good afternoon all,
    I just bought a Curve and love it. I am trying to add a Lexar 1GB micro SD card but my 8310 will not format it. I have tride using the desktop manager program that came with the phone but it keeps hanging up. I have read through many threads here that have addresses this issue, but I still can't format. Please help!!!

- Steve -

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Can't format 8310 with Lexar 1GB microSD card

Does it recognize it at all when you put it in your phone? I have had two cards now that worked straight out of the box for me that I never had to format myself. I just popped it in and let the phone do its thing for a few minutes and all was fine
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

No sir, it did not.

Hmmm...hope you didnt get a bad card there. Does it work in your pc ok when you use it there?
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

How would I check that?? When I conect my phone to my PC and open Media Manger, it doesn't run very well (keeps "not responding").

When you got your card was there a normal size SD adapter that came with it? Or a USB adapter? Or do you just have the micro sd card by itself?

It contained an adapter.

Try it on your pc with that and see if you pc will recognize it. You may be able to format it there

How would I attach it to my PC?? Thank you so much for your help.

No problem! Which adapter came with your card the USB style or the SD one? If its USB just plug it into your USB port and then use the explore function to find the removable drive. Click on it and check the properties and make sure its working ok. If you have the SD adapter, you would need a card reader to use it the same way, or you can try it in a camera if you have one and see if it shows up ok there.

Got it! Thank you again for the superb support. have a great weekend.

You too! Let us know if things dont pan out!

ckrug03 no está en línea Stack level 1

It could be the card reader in the phone. I am a manager for at&t and just yesterday i had an issue with a new curve reading a sandisk. I took the same card out and put it in another new curve and it read it just fine. Just my .02.

Yeah there are so many things it could be thats it tough to know where to start when your new to it. Thought Id try and at least see if we are working with a good card.