Hello I'm new to the forums and I would like to see if I could ... BlackBerry Curve forum

KingPen no está en línea Stack level 1

Cant download Googletalk OTA :|

Advertisement

Hello

I'm new to the forums and I would like to see if I could get some help here. I have a Curve I just got this weekend coming from a tmobile dash. My problem is that I am trying to get google talk downloaded on my device. However, whenever i point my blackberry browser to the OTA link at blackberry.com I get a webpage saying I need to make sure I have active x controls enabled ....and it happens all the time. My question is shouldnt the website recognize that I am not using internet explorer and give me a download link for the application? This is really frustrating and I'm hoping someone may be able to help....perhaps with an alternative download link for google talk. Thanks much

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Cant download Googletalk OTA :|

where are you trying to download google talk from? You should not be downloading the normal version you would on your PC.

If you go to the RIM mobile website it has a link there. mobile.blackberry.com
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

KingPen no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Cant download Googletalk OTA :|

I'm using the link provided in the forums.... www .blackberry.com/googletalk. Whenever I point my phones browser to that link I get a mobile version of the same page I see when i nevaigate to it using firefox on my computer. It doesnt show me a link to download google talk. Also when I point my browser to mobile .blackberry.com I am shown a sort of blackberry help page also with no link to download any software.

Is it possible that blackberry .com has since taken down the download for google talk or is something just wrong with my bb curve settings. Pleeeaaase provide some additional help if you can.