I just got a new 8300, and can't get Google Talk to download onto the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

elspethjane no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can't Download Google Talk, HELP!

Advertisement

I just got a new 8300, and can't get Google Talk to download onto the phone.

Here are the issues.

When I go to the main Blackberry site from my phone the default browser says I need to have ActiveX installed and it won't work with anything but Internet Explorer 5 or higher.

I've also tried going to other outside sites to find the download but they all seem to point to the blackberry.com site. talk.google.com won't work either. :cry: I've also tried downloading it with Opera as well. That was a no go, too! RAAAAAR. haha. Getting a little frustrated.

I also don't have a PC, so I can't download it that route either.

I had Gtalk on my other Bberry and I LOVED it. Any help would be great!!

Thanks!

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Can't Download Google Talk, HELP!

elspethjane, from your browser go to mobile.blackberry.com, then from the main menu, under messaging, you have the choice of Yahoo messanger, Google Talk or Blackberry Messanger. Thats where I got it from and yes, it is an awesome program!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

If you think Googletalk is Great than u will love "JiveTalk" you can use just about all of the most usued I'm and they have these nice looking Colored Bubbles. You can go to the download section here in "Communications" and click "JiveTalk" or go to http://beejive.com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

elspethjane no está en línea Stack level 1

Great! The Google Talk download worked perfectly. And the JiveTalk looks good as well, but I'm not up for paying for the software, yet Thanks for the wonderful advice!!!