I'm probably overlooking something simple but I can't delete two wifi profiles I have set ... BlackBerry Curve forum

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3

Can't Delete Wifi Profile

Advertisement

I'm probably overlooking something simple but I can't delete two wifi profiles I have set up on my Curve for hotspot@home.

When I highlight the offending profiles, click the menu button, the options for delete and edit are not there. I can disable it, move it, but not delete or edit. If I go to my active profile the delete option is there, but I want to keep that one.

The others are open, that is not secured, and I just want to trash them.
    I was able to delete a motel profile I had created the other day, but not these old ones I created when messing around at home with @home.

Any advice? Thanks.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Almost sounds like the carrier did something funny with their branding or an IT Policy for @home wifi profiles.
    If you disable them, disable your wifi radio then cycle the device, can you now edit the profiles?
    You should also check if there's an IT Policy on your device: Options, Security, General Options.
    If there's an IT Policy forcing this, you would need to have a blank IT policy pushed to your device to overwrite it.

"if you disable them, disable your wifi radio then cycle the device, can you now edit the profiles?"

Tried that, no go. IT policy? I looked under Options, Security Options, General Settings, and didn't see anything...

Thanks for the reply.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Which carrier did you get the device from? (T-Mo)?

See, the carriers can do just about the same things as you can do with a BES IT Policy with the branding that RIM does for them (they can disable app's - make certain objects undeletable, etc).

Yep T-mo. I use BIS.

I just can't understand why these profiles that I created can't be deleted. Like I said, a motel profile I created the other day was easily deleted by following the simple instructions, hit menu and choose delete. Why don't these profiles show that option when I highlight them and choose menu?

I do appreciate your help.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There are a few default profiles you cannot delete. I believe the Hotspot one and another one.

You are correct of course and I should have realized that. Turns out I didn't create these profiles myself after all. Before you posted I called T-mo and a very helpful rep told me the "Hotspot" profile is for T-mo hotspots (makes sense) and the open unsecured @Home is for in store testing.

This all started when I was trying to improve my reception on my T-mo D-Link TM-G5240 router. The signal strength seems to decrease at random times, and
    call quality as well. I have changed the channel, we will see if that helps.

Now how to upgrade the router firmware on a Mac. I can't find the original file on my hard drive. Anyone know?

Thanks.
    Last edited by galavanter; 09-10-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Sorry for my lack of understanding.

There was no original file on my hard drive. I was to locate the upgrade file and then apply. Done. Thanks.