I've been going back and forth between protective cases for weeks now and I just ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bs265104 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't decide on a case

Advertisement

I've been going back and forth between protective cases for weeks now and I just can't seem to make my mind up. I bought the BSE full body cover but haven't installed it just (waiting for a time my phone can be out of commission for a few days). I've just recently seen the Vaja case and it looks sexy and expensive as hell. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what I should do based on what I have (the BSE) and what I'm willing to spend (the Vaja case). I want something that will protect at the very least the screen and prevent scratches from a possible drop, but I also don't want something that's big and bulky as I like the slimness of the curve. Also, does anyone else have the Vaja case and why are they the best?

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Can't decide on a case

Hello bs265104! Welcome to Pinstack! You can look at the one I posted about the sena case
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f

RexRegina have a new 8800/Curve case out. Less expensive but imho better made and well thought out. Comes in all sorts of patterns and sober colours...

Worth a look.

Sprung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D032C

Hello bs265104! Welcome! The BSE cover shouldn't take you out of commission for a few days. If you're worried about the warning not to turn your phone on for 24 hours, its not necessary, or just apply the skin right before bed. It WILL be ready when you get up. I only waited about 3 hours for mine, and others have waited less.

A lot of people like the Vaja cases. I don't think anyone HAS one yet, as I think they just announced the other day and it takes a while for them to be made. Look at the Fortte cases as well (www.fortte.com). I have one and like it. I did a review in the Pinstack Review section. Cases will come down the personal preference.

Brian
    NEW STORM on VZW, OLD: 8310 ,8300, 7130E

deljustdel no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I bought a rubberised black hard case on ebay fits very nice and still keeps the curve slim

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I have a fortte case on the way... got a cool blue, so i am still waiting on it
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have used Fortte cases also. I have this case in Old Fashioned Chocolate http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/285?type=0

However, this case by Sena (Thanks Dasher for the idea LOL) has my eye http://www.senacases.com/Catalog/Bla...atherSkin-Case

I'm ordering it with the ULTRA Belt Clip, and Black, Blue (and POSSIBLY Red) tether straps. I have an email into customer service about the red tether strap before I order.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 08-20-2007 at 05:22 PM.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I got the one from AT&T for $30... but I recommend Seido's

xwoodbutch no está en línea Stack level 1

I just received a great case from Case-Mate for my Curve! I first had the BB leather fold over case but wasn't impressed. So far I'm really loving this one from CM!! It might however be a bit pricey for some @ $34+!!

bs265104 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for all the replies guys. I sucked it up and orderd the Vaja case this afternoon. I figured if I'm gonna have my phone for a couple years might as well keep it protected and looking good. Hopefully it'll arrive before I go back to school next week

Update: Senna Cases no longer offers the red tether strap I was looking for. I will probably go ahead and order it with the other accessories.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Hello bs265104 and Welcome to PinStack! Vaja has not come out with a case for the Curve yet, sorry. Many are anxiously awaiting that though, including yours truly
    Try Dashers reommendation on cases. I ordered the one that looks very similar to a Vaja:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...per_cases.html
    I also highly recommend the BSE and no it will not put your Curve out of commission for days.
    Mine was out for all of 1/2 hour.
    I had it on and back up that quick. Just be careful no water is remaining on the skin prior to replacing battery and booting back up.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I think Vaja now has a case for the Curve. I just looked at their website.
    8900-user
    DocGo

Yes they do have a case for the Curve. Go to www.vajacases.com >SmartPhones>BlackBerry>BlackBerry Curve.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

My bad, they do...and I just had to go and order the Seda.....*sigh* :cry:
    They were supposed to email notify me of this too....dam.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide