i got a curve 8350i for my friend and when he puts in his sim ... BlackBerry Curve forum

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Question Can't Compose SMS - Help

Advertisement

i got a curve 8350i for my friend and when he puts in his sim ard he has service can make and receive calls and voicemail, but when i go into sms it doesnt give me an option to compose. what should i do? do i have to call nextel and deal with their blackberry support? please need to fix this asap! cuz honestly, what is a phone if u can send texts??? especially cuz i feel like an idiot for trying to get my friend into the blackberry world and even the basics that he could do on his olf motorols i335 dont work!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    has he activated the BB on a data plan? he will need the service books i believe initially to be able to send txt.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    he doesnt want a data plan yet...how can i get the service books without it

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    call nextel and ask nicely? not sure it will work. without those service books, his bb will not function properly (or as it should, rather)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    is there a way to manually put service books on? through computer, like applications and themes?

iDENBBtech no está en línea Stack level 1
    There is no way to manually put service books on to a BB. Also on the nextel BB's they only send text through MMS. The 8350i can receive SMS but can't reply as SMS. They have to send out as MMS which in turn means they have to have a Data Plan on the account in order to do texting.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by iDENBBtech View Post
    There is no way to manually put service books on to a BB. Also on the nextel BB's they only send text through MMS. The 8350i can receive SMS but can't reply as SMS. They have to send out as MMS which in turn means they have to have a Data Plan on the account in order to do texting.
    He doesn't even receive texts
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

rake1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    For all of you Telus Mobility Blackberry Users out there. SMS for the 8350i blackberry is in the finaly stages. I am currently loading a Beta version of the OS onto my unit. Along with the sms it will be correcting a couple of other issues on the unit. Many of us taught this day would never come. But it is almost ready for the Offical release.

ironman69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rake1 View Post
    For all of you Telus Mobility Blackberry Users out there. SMS for the 8350i blackberry is in the finaly stages. I am currently loading a Beta version of the OS onto my unit. Along with the sms it will be correcting a couple of other issues on the unit. Many of us taught this day would never come. But it is almost ready for the Offical release.
    any news on this?? What are the other issues that this is going to fix? Can you post this beta OS so some others can test for you. I know there is ALOT of users out there that would be glad to test/help.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    It's not really the OS that has anything to do with this feature. The carrier has to send the service books to the device that allow it to communicate with their systems. Until Telus decides to do this, it won't change anything. You'll still have to email your message to someone to get Telus to forward it along.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    It's not really the OS that has anything to do with this feature. The carrier has to send the service books to the device that allow it to communicate with their systems. Until Telus decides to do this, it won't change anything. You'll still have to email your message to someone to get Telus to forward it along.
    I believe telus has to send the service book as well as update the OS so the BB can handle the SMS or MMS differently as there isn't even an option to send SMS or MMS in the OS now. Whatever has to be done should be done soon! Hopefully because they are going to lose alot of customers because of it

gheist no está en línea Stack level 1

about to buy a new phone!

Who do we speak to regarding a status update on the issue - telus or Blackberry? Does anyone on this forum have an update?

Quote Originally Posted by gheist View Post
    Who do we speak to regarding a status update on the issue - telus or Blackberry? Does anyone on this forum have an update?
    The update has been issued. You have to hook your bb to desktop manager and "application loader" and then "update device". It will find update and walk I through process.
    BlackBerry8350i/4.6.1.294 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126

fyrrix no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just updated my BB and still cant compose or receive SMS or MMS