So, this is the best phone and BB I have ever had. Yesterday I plug ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

Can't Charge My Curve

Advertisement

So, this is the best phone and BB I have ever had. Yesterday I plug my curve into the car charger and nothing. I figure it is the car charger. I get home and try my wall charger and nothing. USB, and nothing. No matter what I do, I cannot get my Curve to charge. I am down to the red bar, and my good friends at ATT tell me I have to wait until Tuesday for a warranty phone. I can't even synch with the computer to create a back up. Thinking of going to a retail store and buying a battery and begging them to charge it for me, so I can at last have a fully charged battery until Tuesday, allowing me to synch and backup.

Any other suggestions?

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Can't Charge My Curve

You can go to the retail store and get a new battery, after getting your new phone you can still use the battery that comes with it. Its always nice to have an extra battery coz you'll never know when you need it. Goodluck!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

When warranty sends a phone do they also send a new battery? I was under the impression it was just the phone.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

They usually send a new package.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

I would swap out the battery and see if the phone will charge the new battery. It might be a bad battery, not your BB itself. That's a much less expensive replacement option!

It is not the battery. Went to ATT today and they charged my battery for me in an employee's curve so I would not be dead until Tuesday. My question is this... I am not worried about my contacts, calendar, etc... b/c they will all import from Outlook. However, I don't have a backup of all my settings, ring tones, etc... so I am assuming there is no way to get that other than to reprogram when I get my new phone on Tuesday. I wrote everything down to make it somewhat easy for me.

Also, do I have to do anything special with my DM when I swap?

Lastly, I followed the instructions in the theme section to unlock all vendor themes and remove PTT. Will these setting xfer over when I synch with my new Curve or will I have to alter all of the settings again?

Thanks for all of your help.

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    They usually send a new package.
    I've done warranty exchange countless times and you NEVER get a battery with a replacement. Often times you don't even get the battery door. I'm with ATT which switched to cingular and now att again. Unless it is the battery you request to be replaced you will not get a new battery.

Do you have a pearl or another BB with the same type of battery? I use my pearl to charge my spare batteries.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

Hey guys - got my warranty replacement today from ATT and it was the whole package. A brand new Curve. They said that they have not been out long enough for them to have refurbs yet. So - good news for me. They also said I only have to send the phone back, so I get the extra charging cables and most importantly the battery.