Hello Everyone, I’ve searched the forums for this issue but have not been successful at ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BeamMeUp no está en línea Stack level 2

Cannot send new email

Advertisement

Hello Everyone,

I’ve searched the forums for this issue but have not been successful at finding anything regarding this problem. I have an 8330 Curve that receives emails sent to it perfectly. I can reply to those emails with no problem at all. However, if I am creating a new email to someone in my address book, the email never leaves the BB. Within a second or two, the message log pops up with a red X, indicating the email was not sent.

It doesn’t seem to affect MMS messaging. I messaged a friend and was successful at forwarding a pic. But I could not send it as an email with the pic attached.

All other functions of the Curve are working fine. As far as any corrective actions to date, I registered the host routing tables again, and I also sent the service books. Just for good measure… I did a battery pull.

I’m not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

BMU
    Last edited by BeamMeUp; 10-12-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Didn't look right
    Curve 8330 & Storm 9530

Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance.

-Ambrose Bierce

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Are you on a BES or a BIS? Have you confirmed the email address you are sending to is correct or is a valid email address?

When you get the red X and go into that message, what does it tell you in the header of that message? "Unable to send...etc"?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

I'm on BES, but I have registered 2 additional email addresses. One from BB and the other from Gmail.

As far as the email addresses, I am certain the email addresses are correct.

When I look at the header, I don't see any type of information that looks unusual. No failure message of any kind, just the red X.

Could it be possible there is some rule on the enterprise server that prohibits sending email to anyone other than those approved by the administrator?

Is it possible to run both BES and BIS simultaneously?
    Curve 8330 & Storm 9530

Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance.

-Ambrose Bierce

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It is possible the BES could be restrictive and yes, you can run both the BES & the BIS. However, make sure when you are entering an address, it is not "looking up" the email address and it is using the email address you are typing.

i.e., Begin typing your email address in a new email, you'll see "Look up:" and then "Email" in the "To:" box. Select the email one or it will automatically choose to "Look up" the address which doesn't exist if they are not on your Exchange server.

I've had some success here KD. One email sailed through with flying colors. Another did return an error message when I sent it to my personal email address. Although, it is not associated with my BB at all. I think my personal emaill host is rejecting the attempt because of a spam filter setting. However, it did leave my device successfully and came back undeliverable.

I'm pretty sure you fixed my problem. Looks like I owe you lunch.

I'll work with it some more to get accustomed to the nuances of the BlackBerry world. All in all, I like the Curve and I'm glad I bought it.

Thanks a bunch!
    Curve 8330 & Storm 9530

-Ambrose Bierce

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Good, I hoped that resolved the problem. If not, post back and we'll continue troubleshooting.