My girlfriend has a crappy little verizon camera flip-phone. When she sends me pictures, All ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tigere no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot receive pix from my girlfriend!

Advertisement

My girlfriend has a crappy little verizon camera flip-phone. When she sends me pictures, All I recieve is a damagedimage.gif file. When I try to foward the image to my email, from my BB, the image then appears in the body of the email. Is there any reason why I can view the pix straight from the MMS?

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Can you successfully receive pix from other people without issues?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I notice this issue mostly with Verizon customers. Sometimes, the messages dont even come through, or other times, the message will indicate, "unable to retrieve image"

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    first...welcome to pinstack!

second...lol...do you have picture messaging?

have you yourself sent pictures to others successfully?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Yes, I have picture messaging, but I keep getting flack from my girl because, I'm always telling her to upgrade her phone, meanwhile, my so called "smartphone" can't receive pix from her. She receives pix from me though. I don't know, I was hoping someone had the same issue. Initially I thought that when I restored my Curve with the backup from my old 8700; it reconfigured my curve to act like the 8700c thereby not receiving pix, but last night, I wipe the handheld and asked for some test MMS's but the came through with a little red "X" where the image would be. That's when I tried forwarding it to my email, and as soon as I typed in the mail address, the image showed up in the body of the email.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    maybe its just the format of the picture that her phone takes that isn't working on your phone.

computers can easily show many formats of photos...but certain phones can only send and receive certain formats of photos.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    maybe its just the format of the picture that her phone takes that isn't working on your phone.

computers can easily show many formats of photos...but certain phones can only send and receive certain formats of photos.
    I agree with you on this one, but just buy your girl a new phone or upgrade it for her if you really want to receive pix from her.......
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    I agree with you on this one, but just buy your girl a new phone or upgrade it for her if you really want to receive pix from her.......
    i agree with this also...you'll also score a few points if you get her the one she wants lol

croman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207b39f0
    PM me and i will give you my # to pass on to your gf.. she can try and send me pics if she likes.. LOL jk

I had the same problem, just pulled the batt and it worked..

sddspence no está en línea Stack level 2
    darn! I was just about to suggest the same as above lol

lovodo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CDD1C
    My friend just called me with the same problem so I called my service provider (TMO) to find a solution. They said that the solution for this is to send two MMS messages to yourself, which will ensure that his unit is added to network.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by lovodo View Post
    My friend just called me with the same problem so I called my service provider (TMO) to find a solution. They said that the solution for this is to send two MMS messages to yourself, which will ensure that his unit is added to network.
    thats not the issue here because he said he can send pics to his gf...which means he is already set up to send pictures...

the thing is that he cant see the photos she sends. he still gets them, theyre just not visible

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Maybe you could try going to Options, then MMS. Make sure you have Automatic Retrieval set to Always as well as Multimedia Reception. I don't know if that will work, but if those aren't set to "always", perhaps you can try that first and see if it works... (just a suggestion).

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I bet it's her phone that's the problem. If you can send her pictures, and you receive pictures from other phones, then there's only one weak link left.
    Tell you're girl to get a new phone before you find a girl with a blackberry.
    Alternatively you can try to have her send it via teleflip to your phone, that may work since it will be sent like an email rather than an MMS. That is, if her phone can send to an email address.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's my first time on here; very friendly atmosphere.
    Cheers!