Hi all, My first post. I can usually find answers via forum search (great group!), ... BlackBerry Curve forum

redbarn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask

Question Cannot ope/save MP3 eamail attachements

Advertisement

Hi all,

My first post. I can usually find answers via forum search (great group!), but I've been unable to get to the bottom of this one.

Problem: I get my voicemail from my home office forwarded to my tmo dot blackberry dot net address. they are sent as attachements. I cannot open, play or save these files on the BB (or any other emailed MP3 attachement). Of course, I can play any and all MP3's from the device, so the support as attachement should be there! I get a 'file not recognized' message.

Some addt'l beta:
    Curve 8320 - T-Mo, SW ver. 4.2.2.180, Platform 2.5.0.36.
    This is NOT a direct link, but an attachement (only option my provider gives me).
    BIS via T-Mo only, not using anything else!

Everything else is pretty peachy, but boy do I wish I could save any native attachement to the SD card (a whole seperate wish list..)

Any suggestions appreciated!

thx, dc

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    how large is the file?
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

redbarn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks for the response.

The file attachments average about 80-200K, so should be well below the max? I test some smll WAV file salso. No dice (unrecognized document format).

I have tried removing BB Attachement Service, then re-installing it. Again, same message.

thx.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    That is very odd try sending them via mms and see if that goes through. I haven't had a problem with .wav or .mp3 files. That's usually how I send out ringtones for some of my customers. Try sending me a file. jonathanxedge at tmo blackberry net. And ill see if I can send it and ill try sending you a file as well. Worse case scenario would be you may have to back up the information and reload the OS. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~