All, Have a new 8300 here. I uninstalled the 4.2 version of Desktop Manager and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dachish no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot detect device in Desktop Manager

Advertisement

All,

Have a new 8300 here. I uninstalled the 4.2 version of Desktop Manager and installed 4.3. Rebooted. I then try and detect it under Options > Connection Settings > Detect and it tried then finally fails after a few minutes.

I downgraded back to 8200, rebooted, same thing.

Uninstalled again, removed the whole "Research in Motion" folder in Program Files, rebooted.
    Same problem.

I notice it doesn't seem to be detecting the USB device in Windows at all. I don't get an additional drive in My Computer or a "remove hardware" tool in the systray. When I try to run "Add New Hardware" it says I'm already running that wizard, so clearly it's TRYING to install the app, but failing.

This is specific to this PC only as I can get it working fine on other PCs. Ideas?

Re: Cannot detect device in Desktop Manager

A little more information.

On the computer I'm trying to install it on, it is a Dell Lat D600 that is on a docking station.

When I connect the BB, device manager will detect it as an unknown USB device. I've tried updating to various versions of the RIM BB Device driver with no luck. Those were all 3.0.
    The other option was Mass Storage Device 5.0 which obviously doesn't work.

When it updates to 5.0 (just to experiment), it says there is not enough power to charge the device.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

You say you downloaded and installed desktop manager. did you install the operating system through your computer also? That's what I'd recommend.

Well I downloaded the desktop manager, as well as installed it from a disk. I'm not quite sure what you mean by installing the OS through the computer.

I'm pretty confident it's something on this laptop conflicting. The user had an old Blackberry (not sure the type) which synced with it fine, it just doesn't like the Curve in the least.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

He means to download the latest OS and click on the exe file to run it. It will then install it to the computer and this may enable it to recognize the device.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Make sure you are pluging directly into a USB port on the Laptop not in the docking station
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

I didn't realize there was a "Blackberry OS" to install on the Pc. I'll check into that.

I am indeed going directly via USB and bypassing the docking station.

What might the title (and latest version) of the OS software be? I'm on the download page of the Blackberry site and I see: Desktop software, SmartCard Reader, and handheld software, but nothing that jumps out at me as "OS".

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

marrechea no está en línea Stack Level 1

when you open your BB Desktop Manager go to-- options, then connecting settings choose USB or the BB Pin and it should work normal after that'
    -------
    when you open your BB Desktop Manager go to-- options, then connecting settings choose USB or the BB Pin and it should work normal after that'
    Last edited by marrechea; 12-10-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged.

AW: Cannot detect device in Desktop Manager

Well I've made some "progress". The person I'm helping got a new PC, and the PC sees the device fine. Of course now when I try to sync, it gives me an error when I try to configure it to sync with Outlook's address book. The error is "no available message stores" which makes me think IT thinks the PST file is empty, which it very much is not. It's almost 2 gigs with well over 200 contacts.