Hi folks, just gettting familiar with this board from a treo 755 to a curve... ... BlackBerry Curve forum

doubles no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you upgrade handhelp without BES

Advertisement

Hi folks, just gettting familiar with this board from a treo 755 to a curve...

Can I go ahead and upgrade my handheld to 4.5 without my IT dept upgrading their BES server? I understand I won't get ALL the features of 4.5, but when I upgrade, will i have to go to IT to get reactivated after the handhelp upgrade? Id like to make this as clean as possible without involving IT but I obviously don't want to mess up my capabilities.

thanks to all for any help you can provide.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yes, if you do an upgrade, IT would have to reactivate you on the BES. If it's a company phone, I would be very cautious about doing anything your not instructed or allowed to do.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

doubles no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well its my phone but a company SIM and obviously company BES. So the suggestion is tread lightly I suppose. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I haven't seen anything about this, but when I tried to use 4.5.0.32 on my AT&T 8800, the device would reboot during the Enterprise Activation (wired). I tried another version with the same results. The server may need to be running 4.1 SP5 on the BES for OS 4.5 or higher to work.
    JerryD