Can you have two SIM's [different providers] on a single unlocked blackberry curve and access ... BlackBerry Curve forum

m8trix no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you run multiple SIMs on a Curve

Advertisement

Can you have two SIM's [different providers] on a single unlocked blackberry curve and access internet and email on both?

I can swap in the unlocked unit and make calls and SMS, but email and browsing is escaping me.

Do I need to restore the OS and service books for a particular partner to fully use its SIM?

Failing that, can I transfer the unlocked T-Mobile unit to Rogers? Will everything work properly?
    Am I stuck and need to get a second RIM?

Regards,

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Can you run multiple SIMs on a Curve

The PIN number for the Blackberry can only be assigned to one provider at a time. We have people unlock a BB to go to Cingular, and we have to release the PIN from ours system, If they are coming unlocked to us, who ever they were with be fore must release the PIN. So the short answer is No, not for mail.

Internet maybe possible. but you would have to be paying both providers for access.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

m8trix no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Can you run multiple SIMs on a Curve

Thanks. I was afraid of that.

Have 2 SIMs [different providers] and only want to carry 1 BB. Apparently, its not as big an issue from what I heard if they are with the same provider [BUSINESS and PERSONAL] but this is apparently a big thing.

Regards,