Anyone tried or knows how to put mp3 tones on the 8300 to use them ... BlackBerry Curve forum

quayman no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you put your own ringtones on the 8300 from MP3

Advertisement

Anyone tried or knows how to put mp3 tones on the 8300 to use them as ringtones..

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Can you put your own ringtones on the 8300 from MP3

It is definitely possible buddy... do a search for ringtones or go out to the main forums page and go to the Ringtones Forum...

There are explicit directions in a sticky... Long story short, use Media Mgr to load them up from your computer right onto your Berry

acp15 no está en línea Stack level 1

This is how I put them on using my mac powerbook (but it will work for any bluetooth enabled mac):

first download audacity (avaible for both mac and pc) . Import your MP3 (must be mp3 and not any protected audio file.) Cut it to the portion you want. Save it as a new name and import it into itunes. Edit the import option of itunes to 56 kbps stereo. Once it is imported go to your bluetooth actions in the upper right corner and hit send file and find it. Now go to your Curve and go to your media. Go to to ringtones and click the menukey and click "recieveing using bluetooth" then finally send it from your mac.

If you don't have bluetooth heres one way using your data service:
    do the same as far as audacity goes. Go to yousendit dot com (sorry i'm not able to post URLS) and upload your file using your email (or a totally made up one). Go to the link on your BB browser and download the file.

quayman no está en línea Stack level 1

Found out how. Just drag and drop mp3 into the ringer file in roxio. Works like a charm. They are VERY LOUD....

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Awesome. Glad you got it working. I usually just put mine on through the mass storage function. That way I don't even need to open up DM. I just drag and drop straight to the ringtone file. That's just what I do. Whatever works for you. Hope your having fun with your new toy. I've been having a hard time putting mine down. Lol