Results 1 to 13 of 13

You see, my mom's upgrade was last night, and she put my cousin and I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    KicksRMyLife's Avatar
    KicksRMyLife no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs down Can You Guys Help Me Stop Sulking?

    Advertisement



    You see, my mom's upgrade was last night, and she put my cousin and I on her A T & T contract as new customers. Up to Thursday night I was ridiculously excited for this to happen, because on the Radioshack website, the Blackberry Curve 8900 was free. Now, cluelessly, I went with my mom and cousin last night, and just my luck, the promotion ended EXACTLY on the day I would have bit on it!

    Wrench thoroughly thrown into my plans, I was just too bummed to even try to see the good in the other phones. My mom, however, couldn't wait any longer, and thus, we all ended up with the Wine LG Vu. The phone is alright, but from the moment we received the boxes, my cousin and I knew that we are going back next week to get Blackberries. My cousin, lucky enough to not be a 15 year old with no source of cash, is going to drop the $100 on the 8900. I, as I just mentioned, have no source of cash, so I'll almost certainly have to settle for the older 8310 model which is only $30.


    Now, for the point of this thread, I know you are asked this often, but could you fellow 8310 users help me get over myself and show me the cool things that can be done on this also respectable Blackberry device?

  2. #2
    pdxmatts's Avatar
    pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,702
    I say borrow some money from your cousin and get the 8900
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

  3. #3
    walkiniceberg's Avatar
    walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    Posts
    260
    I say borrow some cash from ur moms n pay her back later.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

  4. #4
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481
    If the 8310 is all you can afford, then thats a great place to start. Its a great BlackBerry, I've owned about 10 of them, really the backbone of the BB lineup for quite a while. After you get the 8310, start saving your money towards an 8900. Plus, if you keep it in pristine condition, you can get $150 for it on Ebay or Craigslist.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

  5. #5
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    I agree with them, but if you can't: The 8310 is an amazing phone. I switch phones monthly or more, and I actually stuck with the 8310 for almost an entire year.

    Either way it's a WIN-WIN, trust me.
    -Tim

  6. #6
    bassvictim's Avatar
    bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Posts
    1,044
    You're 15? Be happy you didn't walk out with a razr...lol
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

  7. #7
    Puff3r's Avatar
    Puff3r no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5
    The 8310 is my second berry. I started with the 8800 and kept it for almost 2 years. I pouted when I "downgraded" to the 8310. Having used it for a couple of months now I actually like it. The best advice I could give you would be: make the phone yours. Go through the forums and find a theme you like. The stock AT&T ones are horrible and there are a ton of great and free themes here in the forums. While you are at it read up on how to upgrade the operating system. My replacement curve came with OS 4.5 but a really old version with a buggy browser. After updating it the internal browser runs much better.

    Also, you may want to try a different browser for a better internet experience. I personally recommend Bolt browser but find I need Opera Mini for some sites. Both are free and can be found searching google.

    Get the Blackberry App World app from the BB website and try some of the free apps there as well. Many have great functions that can be fully customized to make the phone more "productive". Like YouTube players or RSS readers to keep you posted on the most recent Xbox mods.

    Overall it is a great device if you take the time to learn what it can really do.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

  8. #8
    KicksRMyLife's Avatar
    KicksRMyLife no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by walkiniceberg View Post
    I say borrow some cash from ur moms n pay her back later.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

    I want to so badly, but due to school stuff and clothes and that kinda stuff, she's already blown a lot of money on me recently. My last option would be to try and get $50 or $60, put that on the $17 I have laying around, and see if she'd be willing to loan me the rest.

    I'm going to see how well that works, and in the worst-case scenario, I'll end up with at least enough money to get the 8310.

  9. #9
    KicksRMyLife's Avatar
    KicksRMyLife no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Puff3r View Post
    The 8310 is my second berry. I started with the 8800 and kept it for almost 2 years. I pouted when I "downgraded" to the 8310. Having used it for a couple of months now I actually like it. The best advice I could give you would be: make the phone yours. Go through the forums and find a theme you like. The stock AT&T ones are horrible and there are a ton of great and free themes here in the forums. While you are at it read up on how to upgrade the operating system. My replacement curve came with OS 4.5 but a really old version with a buggy browser. After updating it the internal browser runs much better.

    Also, you may want to try a different browser for a better internet experience. I personally recommend Bolt browser but find I need Opera Mini for some sites. Both are free and can be found searching google.

    Get the Blackberry App World app from the BB website and try some of the free apps there as well. Many have great functions that can be fully customized to make the phone more "productive". Like YouTube players or RSS readers to keep you posted on the most recent Xbox mods.

    Overall it is a great device if you take the time to learn what it can really do.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

    Sorry to double-post, but this actually made me feel a bit better. I'll definitely keep this in mind if the 8900 is completely out of my reach.

  10. #10
    MStrawder's Avatar
    MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by bassvictim View Post
    You're 15? Be happy you didn't walk out with a razr...lol
    LOL. Wow. Doesn't sound like his mom was mad at him. I don't have the 8310 personally, but I know quite a few people who do and they absolutely love the device. Overall it seems to be a really solid piece of equipment.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

  11. #11
    BBqwest's Avatar
    BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    123
    The 83xx series blackberrys are awsome phones. I'm currently holdin the 8330 and LOVE my berry. I say get the 8310 and save up for the 8900. I'm currently runnin on alltel and waitin for the tour to come out so I can pick it up. Personally I think as long as you hold a berry of any model in your hand your life is complete.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

  12. #12
    tiascurve66's Avatar
    tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Posts
    605
    Maybe you could go around and mow a few lawns for the extra cash. Old people are always looking for some extra help around the house. That way you don't have to borrow money from anyone. Oh and I have the 8310 and she is my baby until of course I can get the 8900 when it's time to upgrade.

    Good luck
    BB Girls Rule !

    We Don't Tolerate Scum

  13. #13
    Morgase's Avatar
    Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    1,118
    The 8310 was my very first bb. It was really hard for me to let go of it but I upgraded to the bold anyway. The Curve line of bb's are great phones. It did everything I wanted and for a first time bb owner it was the easiest to learn things on and get used to a full keyboard phone. I sold my Curve a few days ago and kinda regret it. In a few months I may purchase a Storm or 8900 just so I can have a back up. I miss my Curve.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •