More specifically, can you receive emails with pictures as attachments and have the ability to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JimZ06 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can you get emails with attachments?

Advertisement

More specifically, can you receive emails with pictures as attachments and have the ability to download the picture and view it on the Curve?

I took a pic with my Curve..nice camera by the way...and emailed it to another one of my email accounts...just to test the system...and I never got the email on my Curve (the "other" email account is also pushed to the Curve).

Did I do something wrong?
    Jim

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    If you attached it properly and your email account is configured properly then it should have been recieved. Sometimes it takes a little while before it's pushed through. Try resending it. My wife sends me pics of stuff all the time and it's pushed to my BB. I can view and download them. One question, are you sending them as HTML? If you are then you will need a third party app that allows you to view HTML. When you send it does it show as sent? But nothing shows up in the account inbox?

JimZ06 no está en línea Stack level 2
    RayZ,
    Yes, it shows up sent but never shows up in the inbox of the receiving email account.
    I am not certain how to tell whether or not I sent it as HTML or not. I just know it did not show up in the inbox of my BB. However, it was received on my desktop computer in the inbox, it was just never pushed to the BB.

Perhaps I have an email size limit set somewhere and the pic exceeded that?????

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It has been my experience that if an email or attachment is too large, the email still comes to my BB inbox but when opened it will say message truncated due to size and I won't be able to view it, but I still get the message. So I don't think it's the size. Unfortunately I'm not sure what the problem is and I'm not sure how to help you.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    azstar,

I have the exact same thing happen at times. For the most part, I receive all my documents and pictures that are sent to my email accounts. There only seems to be a select few that come through with the same message. Who knows why it does it. I know others that have the same issue!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by JimZ06 View Post
    RayZ,
    Yes, it shows up sent but never shows up in the inbox of the receiving email account.
    I am not certain how to tell whether or not I sent it as HTML or not. I just know it did not show up in the inbox of my BB. However, it was received on my desktop computer in the inbox, it was just never pushed to the BB.

Perhaps I have an email size limit set somewhere and the pic exceeded that?????
    The only other thing that I know of to check is the firewall, make sure it's not blocking the email. If the firewall is not the issue then a call to your carrier is next. I don't know if resending the service books will help but it's worth a try.