Whenever I select vibrate and ring under the profile options, my Blackberry uses the first ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ytsejam1138 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can Vibrate and Ring work at the same time?

Advertisement

Whenever I select vibrate and ring under the profile options, my Blackberry uses the first vibrate on the first two rings and then starts vibrating. Is there a way for the phone to ring and vibrate at the same time?

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Can Vibrate and Ring work at the same time?

To answer your question, BBs vibrate first and then ring if you have the option set to both. This is a common gripe among BB users. Hopefully this is something that RIM will fix in some of their later OS releases.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Dimndbk is correct, it cannot be set to vibe and ring at the same thing. There is no way to change that.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Here is what I posted in another thread about this issue (which seems to be the standard for RIM and this is why I believe they did implicated it the way that they did):

I have actually really gotten used to this and don't know if I would like to go back. At first, I was like you and complained and hated it, but then I found that I could grab the phone before it annoyed everyone around me and answer it without alerting others to the fact that I am taking a call. I also work supot and am in and out of a clean room nvironment, so sometimes I can't get immediately to the phone. I have it set to vibrate a certain number of times for phone (1), email/sms (2) for BB messenger (3) before it then rings, and this means that if I get one vibrate I have to get the phone as it is super important, if more than 1 vibration I can read at a later time as e-mail isn't as important as receiving my calls, and this works the same when at my desk when the phone is setting in front of me (as I am sensitive to the vibrate and catch it quickly). This all said, I would like to also have the other option to vibrate and ring at the same time (I think this should be added as a selection in addtion to the current options).

That thread is here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_vibrate.html