I just migrated from the Motorola Q running Windows Mobile. There was a very convenient ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wbiggers no está en línea Stack level 1

Can the profile change automatically?

Advertisement

I just migrated from the Motorola Q running Windows Mobile. There was a very convenient function that would change the profile from "Normal" to "Meeting" when I was in a scheduled meeting. I didn't have to worry about manually setting my phone to a quiet or vibrate setting - I just defined how I wanted my phone to act in the "Meeting" profile and it always happened.

I know I can set a different profile for in and out of the holster but I want the profile to change based on whether or not I'm in a meeting or not - sometimes my phone is on my desk and sometimes in the holster.

Help?????

Thanks,
    Wes

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Can the profile change automatically?

No not natively. There is a third party app advertising this ability, but I have not tried it yet (although I am seriously contemplating this as that is the one true thing that I miss from my WM days).

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Thanks for the link. That was the program that I had seen, but couldn't remember everything exactly.

timn2bama no está en línea Stack level 2

I went to options/screen/keyboard and set my side buttons left for voice dialing and right for profiles that way I can put vibrate mode in pretty quickly! Hope this helps!

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

I have been using the listed app since beta. It is fantastic! Does everything I need!

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by timn2bama View Post
    I went to options/screen/keyboard and set my side buttons left for voice dialing and right for profiles that way I can put vibrate mode in pretty quickly! Hope this helps!
    Don't forget that u can always also use shortcuts... from the home screen - F will take u to profiles with one button touch as well...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD