Okay I have an 8310 with OS 4.5. I love the video camera but I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jameswise1 no está en línea Stack level 1

can take video but not still pics

Advertisement

Okay I have an 8310 with OS 4.5. I love the video camera but I can not take regular pics. When I try the screen is all grainey I take the photo and it shows a black screen with a red x in the upper left hand corner. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    James

ZeroXR no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451FA7D
    If anyone has insight on this, it'd be appreciated. I just picked up an 8310 with OS 4.2 and it has this problem.

PIN/ID
    2451FA7D
    Hard resets and the new 4.5 OS have not made it better... I can still record video with no problems, but images have that ill fated problem.

Anyone have ideas?

jameswise1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have also tried the hard reset, downgradeing the OS and completely reinstalling it, no luck. I had 3 8300 within a year and this was a free upgarde and now this one is screwed up. I guess it maybe iphone time unfortunatly.

skooby1doo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25DA73BC
    ya i have the 8300 os 4.7 with 4.5.0.81 installed and i have the exact same problem the settings on the cam are correct normal for color large super fine and auto for the rest i have tried to take a pic on all diff settings and i just get an all white screen after taking the pic then when i try to look at it i get an all white screen with a red x in the top left corner

i did every thing these guys did downgrade hard reset upgrade nothing works

please help a brother out

PIN/ID
    2451FA7D
    Somehow my camera resolved itself... I was reflashing the newest OS to try unlocking the other vendor themes and somehow, my camera fixed itself. I have no idea how it did that, but I am plenty happy.

PIN/ID
    2451FA7D
    Found the reason for my camera fritzing out, seems a connector pin for the camera isn't locked in tightly... after gently pushing it a little, the camera comes back.