I just got my Curve last Saturday and am new to all this. I had ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cora no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Can someone explain media cards to me?

Advertisement

I just got my Curve last Saturday and am new to all this. I had a cell phone but never turned it on so my Curve purchase caused a few laughs. I really wanted it for the calender and address book functions and so far it has been great. I have been reading this forum and learning lots!

As I travel on the ferry every week, I thought it would be nice to listen to music too. So... I look for a media card. Got one for my camera on ebay no problem, one card fits all types of cameras. Why do the micro SD cards seem to be for specific phones or pda's? Are they really a different card with different configurations?

Thanks,
    Cora

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Can someone explain media cards to me?

The micro SD cards are smaller compared to most normal memory cards.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

I know that, It just seems that they are described for specific phone brands rather than all micro sd cards fitting all phones taking a micro sd card.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Cora,

All micro SD cards should fit any device. The real question is the device's ability to handle the "size" (1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb etc) of the media card. Some brand names are more dependable than others. I myself use SanDisk, but at the same time I have bought other Micro SD, SD and Compact Flash cards from many different makers that have worked perfectly.

Don't let price fool you either! You can find soem great deals on lesser known brands that will work just as well as the big guys!

Thanks! That's the answer I was looking for. I think the curve can take a 4gb but I am sure a 2gb will work just fine for me.
    Cora

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

and also some cards seems to have issue with some phones havent really heard anything on pds but i know like with the lg500 u cant use anything but a sandisk..but with ur bb u should be fine. mine isnt sandisk its a pny sd card
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora
    Thanks! That's the answer I was looking for. I think the curve can take a 4gb but I am sure a 2gb will work just fine for me.
    Cora
    You're very welcome!