Why does the Curve 8330 handle SMS threads so poorly?? Is it all blackberrys or ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NY_ROCKSTAR no está en línea Stack level 1

Can someone answer my Threaded SMS question?

Advertisement

Why does the Curve 8330 handle SMS threads so poorly??

Is it all blackberrys or just the 8330?

Having dozens and dozens of TXT msgs separately as well as in a thread seems so silly.

I have to wonder if I have something set wrong. It doesn't seem like there is any 3rd party app to fix this, and this has to be something EVERYONE would like.

So my question is - with the recent update to the OS, why wouldn't this be a part of it (or at least an option to turn on or off)? Is it a legal reason? Does TREO own the threaded SMS concept ? I believe the iPhone does it too - so I don't think so.

I was just curious if someone could shed some light on the subject.

Now excuse me - I am off to see AC/DC @ MSG!

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'm not sure what you're asking.

When I view the latest SMS message, I get a history which shows me the previous 10 or so messages between myself and the other person.

There are a couple settings which I find make this work the best. If you go to your Message folder and go to the Options > General Options, there is a setting to under "Display" called SMS and Email Inboxes" and I have mine set to Separate. This keeps the messages in their own folder. In the same settings, I also set "Hide Sent Messages" to No. This way, both my sent messages and the received messages are seen one after another in the order they occured.

If you have it set this way and it's still not satisfactory, could you explain what you want and perhaps someone can help you!

Also, let me welcome you to the Stacks!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

first off thanks for the quick reply.

But - correct me if I am wrong - but EVERY SINGLE message shows up in the msg folder. Yes, when you select the most recent one - you see the thread. But when you back out of that thread - you see EVERY MSG.. so if you had 20 back and forth msgs with one person - you have to go down 20 msgs - to see the next person whom you are txting with - so you can then see their thread.

W the treo - you only had the names of people - and you would click it - and then see the conversation.

Am I right? or do I have something set wrong?

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    You may want to check out BBText2IM. It may be what you're looking for and last I heard they had a 7 day trial available.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Rednighthawk is correct BBText2IM is the only thing I know of that will even come close to what you are looking for. You can find it here...http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._to_all-78074/
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks I will certainly check it out. Just not sure why it would be standard on the iPhone and Treo, and an additional app on the bb. Seems strange to me.

But thank you for your help - hopefully TRUE threaded SMS will be added to an OS update in the near future.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_ROCKSTAR View Post
    Thanks I will certainly check it out. Just not sure why it would be standard on the iPhone and Treo, and an additional app on the bb. Seems strange to me.

But thank you for your help - hopefully TRUE threaded SMS will be added to an OS update in the near future.
    but with the blackberry you can mms and even take the battery out!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

With the TREO you could do that too.

Honestly the TREO 700 was a great phone - and had palm ever updated their OS - I would have probably kept that phone. The Windows mobile OS is AWFUL.

The curve is probably the most solid phone out there, sadly - I just updated the OS on the blackberry - and it seems to be very buggy.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    What OS did you upgrade it to? How did you do the upgrade? What are your bugs?

The BBtext2IM is a great program, however, there is no way to mark sms messages as having been read...so the notification stays up....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

I found the link on this site.
    The upgrade was simple - I just ran the program and synced my phone - took about 20 minutes. I had to re-install Beyond411. But that's about it.

So far - it seems slower, and the MUTE button no longer lets me engage the keyguard - and it seems to surf slower...

Don't really see any benefits. So I wouldn't recommend it as of yet.

I can't post links but if you search for 4.5 in this forum you will find the link.