I bought an unlocked 8320 curve and have tried my level best to register and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

arshshah no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2204462B

How can I register with BIS without a plan using WiFi

Advertisement

I bought an unlocked 8320 curve and have tried my level best to register and get my private mail on it.

Can someone help me on this. I have followed the instruction from Blackberry.com i.e.
    options
    advance options
    host routing table
    register now.

Followed the above but unable to get a registration done. Thus I guess I am not able to get my private emails.

Please help me out I am furastrated

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello arshshah and welcome to PinStack!

Do you have a data plan with your carrier?

Also did you purchase this device from a private party? If so, you will probably need to contact the seller and have them release the PIN by logging into their BIS account and removing the PIN and IMEI numbers from their account.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    If no data plan, then the device with go to little "edge" instead of BIG "EDGE" which means you can't do data - only phone calls and stuff - a fancy phone with an organizer. You should add on a small data package so that you can get the email and stuff working.

PIN/ID
    2204462B
    i dont know which operator it belonged before I bought the phone. Is there anyway I can get to know which vendor it belonged before so I can get tje PIN released. Or if I upgrade and remove the vendor.xml will this do the job

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Are you sure it is an 8320? Remove the battery cover, then remove the battery and have a look at the label to confirm. Most carries have their name/logo on the bottom front of the phone (My 8320 says T-Mobile on the bottom front of the phone.)

PIN/ID
    2204462B
    it does not say anything on the front as well as I have checked under the battery. The details under the battery are as follows:

PRD:13991-700 CPR 2945
    ASY-15707-004
    POP-13543-006 REV 1B
    PIN:2063C8A1 SMT DATE:08/03/07
    IMEI:004401131091486
    BT MAC:00 1C CC 0A 34 1B
    Property of Research in Motion

Please let me know if I have missed out anything.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well to find out exactly what device you have, go to a field where you can type, like a message or memo, then type this myver then space. You will see your device model number and OS version pop up like this 8330/4.5.0.77 is mine.

Second, without a data plan you can't register with BIS and get emails pushed to your device. But you can use the wifi feature to log in to your email via the wifi browser. But you can't set up BIS email on your BB without a data plan.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4