Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys, I am frustrated that when I receive an email with attatched mp3, I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brandmusic no está en línea Stack level 1

can you open mp3 files as atatchments in incoming email?

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I am frustrated that when I receive an email with attatched mp3, I just can't open it with my brand new curve.

Is there something I am missing?? Is there software that rectifies this??

Other attatchments like pdf, doc or jpg are fine to open.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?? does it mean my handset is faulty or is there some setting I need to tick.

Thanks

Brand Music

akg
    akg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240EB50D

Re: can you open mp3 files as atatchments in incoming email?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ what exactly happens when you try to open it? Do you get a red x? Your profile says you're not on BES so what BIS version do you have? I don't think this was available until 2.3. Were you able to open mp3 attachments on your last handset? How about wav?

It is supposed to work with BIS 2.3 but I don't think I ever got it to work when I had my pearl. I am able to open them on BES 4.1.4 so I route my voicemail through that. I think it's more of a BIS/BES issue whether these will play or not rather than a device issue. The 8300 can play mp3 so all should be good with the phone.

akg
    akg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240EB50D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ what exactly happens when you try to open it? Do you get a red x? Your profile says you're not on BES so what BIS version do you have? I don't think this was available until 2.3. Were you able to open mp3 attachments on your last handset? How about wav?

It is supposed to work with BIS 2.3 but I don't think I ever got it to work when I had my pearl. I am able to open them on BES 4.1.4 so I route my voicemail through that. I think it's more of a BIS/BES issue whether these will play or not rather than a device issue. The 8300 can play mp3 so all should be good with the phone.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I sent a message to myself, mp3 attached. It sees the file, but there is no option to DL it. There may be a setting to change on my BES to change this. I'll check it out.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

hmmm dont think I ever had one sent to me to be able to test this out sorry..hopefully someone can figure itout for ya quickly
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I went in and added the .mp3 extension to my BES attachment server, and rebooted the box. The BB sees the attachment as before, but now give me an option to download it. When it DL's the attachment I get an Unrecognized document format error. I'm pretty sure I have to get this into my distiller settings on the BES but not sure how to do that yet.

Sprung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D032C

FWIW, I dont know how real this info is, but I was havign trouble MMSing some ringtones to a friend, and the ATT rep told me that is was due to copyright isues that I wouldnt be able to send or open them. Which I found really odd, since we had done it on the day we got activated, but before re registered on the corporate network. Might be the RIAA reaching its sloimy paws out..
    NEW STORM on VZW, OLD: 8310 ,8300, 7130E

Hi thanks for your messages so far.

This is my first blackberry so please excuse my ignorance but what is a BES, BIS, I basically setup my emails in the wizard setup and it just sends me emails that sync with my own personal outlook program which I connect through our provider in Australia (Optus)

Here are some things that I have noted re mp3's etc

1. wav files can be sent but they sound distorted
    2. Mp3 files can be transfererd via the roxio media transfer and then played seamlessly on BB
    3. A red x appears on mp3 attatchments when I press open attatchment. It seems to look or try to retrieve it then tells me that the file conversion failed
    4. Once I sync the same emails into my desktop, they play perfectly but I do need to be able to hear them on the BB while I'm on the go.
    5. Also some emails come in and on the BB there is no attatchment icon but when they transfer to outlook, the attatchment appears.
    I do appreciate your help and guidance as I know the BB must ne able to do this

m

I have since been told that I am BIS and that BIS does not support mp3 attatchment playing in email.

BES does do this.

Can anyone suggest ways that I can lobby RIM to alter this. It seems ludicrous to me that the device is enabled yet restricted.

Any comments or channels that I can do this would be appreciated

M

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

comments to RIM can be sent to the following address (RIM does monitor emails sent to this address)

bbsuggestions@rim.com
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

I just tried forwarding a mp3 attachment to both my work BES 4.1.4 account as well as my BIS account (username@mycingular.blackberry.net). The file was only 15 seconds long. Was able to open it on both 8300c and 8700c with latest 4.2 OS. It took what seemed like 60 seconds to download the 15 sec mp3, but it did download and play.

I don't recall having mp3 attachments on BIS earlier than 2.3. I'm also not sure which version of BES started to support mp3 attachments. But BES 4.1.4 on IBM Lotus Domino does support them.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

ExDis no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C384A3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am having the same issue on a new 8830 on Verizon. If I find a solution, I will re-post it here.

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

you should be able to

bfairless no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same issue. Has anyone been able to resolve this. It is very frustrating being able to play mp3's but not from an email or even given the option to save the attatchment so I can open it up in media player

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have the same problem and still waiting on an answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast