I have a tmobile pearl and was wondering if i can just surf the web ... BlackBerry Curve forum

faisal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242DF783

Can i get internet without BB service?

Advertisement

I have a tmobile pearl and was wondering if i can just surf the web without having to buy BB service for 19.99?

any help would be great.

thanks

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Can i get internet without BB service?

Hi faisal !
    I'm Deep frm india, i got my BB from my company, I got GPRS activated on my personal number, so I placed my GPRS enabled card in my BB , it not worked ! service provider told me that BB is a diff version of internet , GPRS & Mobile office will not work , bette to have BB services

Don't know about your place & services available there , but hope quality might be same

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Yes. First you get the data plan, don't worry as you only need it for a little while and then you can cancel it. When you have the data plan active, download opera mini and set it up. Make sure in advanced options under TCP the APN is set to wap.voicestream.net . Leave the other settings blank. When you have opera mini installed successfully, cancel the data plan and sign up for the tmo web for 5.99. Once all is done all you should be browsing the web using opera mini but ota downloads will not work. This just gets you browsing the net. If this still doesn't work get back to me.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

The short answer is No. Blackberries require the separate "Blackberry Data Plan" in order to work properly with Internet.

The long answer is that it is possible with some carriers, including T-Mo, IIRC, to "jerry-rig" an internet connection with their regular data packages. They don't provide full functionality (no push email, no OTA capability, among other things) and you might have to purchase a BDP for at least one month in order to get the right applications on your phone in order to get it working.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Just get the data plan... it's not worth it to have a Blackberry and try to back door getting internet... it's first an foremost an email GODsend... so, you get to take your emails with you, respond to IMs with friends, take pictures and send them - all things that happen at a level 10x better than the Razr's and other "regular" phones of the world -

If u don't want full access to the internet and those other features that i noted on a consistent basis - just get a regular device...

Trying to cheat the system to get your internet will only end in frustration... the first time u can't download a new theme u like and want to try, you'll regret it...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD