Is there a way to have one notification (preferrably a vibration) for email and a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dtucker230 no está en línea Stack level 2

How can I get different notifications for incoming calls and email?

Advertisement

Is there a way to have one notification (preferrably a vibration) for email and a ringtone for incoming calls. I know I can set the vibrate to be for the phone only, but then the only email notification is by the red light,which you cannot see when curve is in your pocket. I cannot seem to find a setting that allows me to turn the vibration on for the email notification other than through the ringtone setting, which then also applies to the phone or only applies to the phone if I use "phone only".

Thanks

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: How can I get different notifications for incoming calls and email?

Go to your profiles and make sure the one you want to be on is active. Hit the menu button and then edit. In there you can set how you want to be notified for any situation even between SMS and MMS messages.

dtucker230 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How can I get different notifications for incoming calls and email?

Got it, thanks! The reason I could not do it before is that I did not realize until now that because the source of my email messages was from my work server, the place I needed to set it was from the advanced settings portion of where you sent me to and then "desktop message". Works great now!